central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just dug this last week from a homesite built in 1850.

IMG_20190804_205621853.jpg IMG_20190804_214605035.jpg

There is a back-stamp that reads "EINGETR MUSTER * W. L. R. * " , WHICH IS SHORTENED IN GERMAN from "EINGETRAGEN MUSTER", WHICH TRANSLATES TO
"REGISTERED PATTERN", like a trademark.

But I can't find anything about the * W.L.R. * , or about this incredible scene that depicts a pack of dogs attacking a Boar, other than I guess they refer to it as a 'sporting button'. The * W.L.R. * appears as typed. There is a 5-point star, a couple spaces, W.L.R., a couple spaces, and a 5-point star. The button rim is brass, and the highly detailed scene is pewter. The button sewing loop broke off while trying to clean the back well enough to read the above back stamp.

Believe it to be at least of Victorian area. Know it must be from Germany. But would like to narrow age, and possible find out the manufacturer and pattern name, if it's possible. I did dig up this little tidbit from another webpage:
Capture.JPG
(This info is nearly a 50-year range.)

If anyone can narrow down this type of info, I'd be obliged. Just want it for my reference. Not trying to sell it, but have found two for sale online. One for $7.50 and another for $65.00. Neither listing had the information I am trying to uncover.

Attached Thumbnails

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking 'Sporting Button' find CCDAMEEK! :thumbsup:
Your button looks to date to the 1860s - 70s.
All of the sporting buttons that I've found so far have been Made in England. :icon_scratch:

Dave

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CCDAMEEK

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking 'Sporting Button' find CCDAMEEK! :thumbsup:
Your button looks to date to the 1860s - 70s.
All of the sporting buttons that I've found so far have been Made in England. :icon_scratch:

Dave

Curious, Would a button made in England be back stamped with German?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread