Anyone going detecting next week at 1715 sites with the pending storm?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wave action over the 2 days

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 9.29.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 9.29.45 AM.png

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need north, and north east for best erosion action, and long shore current instead of riptide Conditions. Surf is running since yesterday with a groundswell hitting right now. Timing is key like rope fish says !!

USMC/CWO-4

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2024
Looking like a decent storm setup mid next week for 1715 beach combers. Anyone going out/down to detect? Looks like 8-9ft waves and 30+mph winds to maybe make a dent in the dunes. Gathering thoughts as its a 6 hr drive for me, but willing to block off time at work to make the overnight trip for 2 days of detecting. Curious what the locals see/think (not that you want a bunch of people down there with you haha)

USMC/CWO-4

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2024
Looking like a decent storm setup mid next week for 1715 beach combers. Anyone going out/down to detect? Looks like 8-9ft waves and 30+mph winds to maybe make a dent in the dunes. Gathering thoughts as its a 6 hr drive for me, but willing to block off time at work to make the overnight trip for 2 days of detecting. Curious what the locals see/think (not that you want a bunch of people down there with you haha)

USMC/CWO-4

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2024
Hello, my name is Don Rich living in Tampa and I've long wanted to visit the Sebastian area for detecting and would love to join a seasoned hunter such as you..
Wife would be accompanying me and a little coordination as to where you'll be staying, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Email: [email protected]
Thanks in advance, Don

OP
OP
bkurent

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wind direction and speed are looking 60/40 good/bad for Tuesday/Wednesday, perhaps. It just depends on the timing of the winds clocking around to the North rather than the NNW. I would guess that flashlights, headlamps and fresh batteries could be needed if the wind and tides line up late at night. On these beaches it appears that if you aren't there when it happens, you may well never know that it did happen.
Windyty.com is what I use.
Good luck to all.

Since i am not going...........
With all considerations..............

Upper Ft. Pierce... work it North.
You talking north or south of the inlet?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You talking north or south of the inlet?
The inlet has nothing... been long gone dry for loooong time as far as i know.

So... yes... South of it by far.

For me..... IF i were to "read" this storm / winds / etc.....
Ft Pierce and North thereof.

OP
OP
bkurent

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The inlet has nothing... been long gone dry for loooong time as far as i know.

So... yes... South of it by far.

For me..... IF i were to "read" this storm / winds / etc.....
Ft Pierce and North thereof.
Ok, figured thats where you were talking. I have a decent spot I have had luck that isnt too much a secret, but requires that "timing" thing haha.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, figured thats where you were talking. I have a decent spot I have had luck that isnt too much a secret, but requires that "timing" thing haha.
There are not any "secret" spots left..... that whole coast gets combed and has been since the 70's and even before selectively by the originals out there.
a "new spot" is actually always someones "old spot"... heh

Its just all in...... and just see what the sea may want to give ya.
And yes...... Timing is everything.
The right time and place.

But........ youll never know unless ya go.
"you cannot ever win if you dont play".

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get to make this trip? Was it a success?

OP
OP
bkurent

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Did you get to make this trip? Was it a success?
Im going to try to head down tomorrow. 6hr drive and have some items to attend to around home sadly. Looking less likely for this trip, but may hit a beach around me if I can for a few hours tomorrow if I cant make it down. Best of luck to all who make it up/down! Fingers crossed I can still make it

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to try to head down tomorrow. 6hr drive and have some items to attend to around home sadly. Looking less likely for this trip, but may hit a beach around me if I can for a few hours tomorrow if I cant make it down. Best of luck to all who make it up/down! Fingers crossed I can still make it
I dont really think this storm would be worth the trip... but hey... ya never know like i said above.
I am not really sure if this storm is gonna have the "ummpff" to move the sand that would make it ideal for detecting.
It would be different if it were right down the road... but 6 hours down the road for a "maybe" condition is a bit of a stretch.
So in other words i dont think you'd be missing anything.
Like TreasureHunter stated in post #2.... the sand be pileth higheth. heh

OP
OP
bkurent

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I dont really think this storm would be worth the trip... but hey... ya never know like i said above.
I am not really sure if this storm is gonna have the "ummpff" to move the sand that would make it ideal for detecting.
It would be different if it were right down the road... but 6 hours down the road for a "maybe" condition is a bit of a stretch.
So in other words i dont think you'd be missing anything.
Like TreasureHunter stated in post #2.... the sand be pileth higheth. heh
The more I think about it, you're probably right. Would rather save the vacation time at work for a good one, or for when my aspiring treasure hunter son can go with me. He's 6, but has all the gear and desperately wants to come treasure hunting one day. He can walk insane amounts of steps, which is good for long hunts, attention span will be a different story haha.

OP
OP
bkurent

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
So I stayed closer to home and went on Hilton head island. Blowing a good 30+ on the beach but first coins, gold, silver for the year and first cash ever on the beach haha. 10k necklace with sand blown diamonds, broken sterling box chain, 19 cents in clad, cheap sunglasses and $10 cash half buried in the sand. Had I had my headphones on, I would have missed it, but I heard it flapping in the wind haha. Lots of pull tabs, bottle caps, tent stakes etc as always too.
IMG_1169.jpeg

OP
OP
bkurent

bkurent

Jul 20, 2023
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey hey !... Silver and gold after all !

Well done :)

And you saved gas ! ! !
Saved gas for sure. Froze out there, but well worth it. Appears this part of the beach has not been searched in quite some time, coins were a good foot and a half down, hits all over. Only maybe made it 3-400 yards total gridding up by the dunes/towel line. No luck by the water but waves hit the dunes night before.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"You'll Never Never Know if You Never Never Go"
True, been several times, zilch, for me rather hunt local beaches till big storm.

Good luck...👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread