Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The day started off quite bad. I suffer from chronic dry eyes and allergies. Well I woke this morning and rubbed my most troublesome eye rather firmly. That was a really bad idea... I looked in the mirror and looked like death, bloody as all get out. I've had this before over the years and it always seems to happen when all the pollen is out and my patience is thin. Long story short, a trip to the eye dr and some poking and prodding revealed it was a bursted blood vessel as in the past with no damage. So that sucked. On drops for it, and will look like been in a boxing match for a couple weeks. Yeah, been here before and it is no fun. It doesn't necessarily hurt but feels gritty and scratchy. Just annoying.
I've been dealing with tendonitis in my swing arm too and that isn't going anywhere but I've been pressing it harder and harder and extending hunt times. So 2 things against me.
With the day sucking bad so far and my eye feeling icky it made me mad because I wanted to go metal detecting. So I said to heck with it and went anyway!
And being a glutton for punishment I decided to go to a local school that has only gave me a penny or two in the past.
Today started out much the same, loads of pull tabs (no rings here today), can slaw, screws, pencil tops, and other assorted junk. There are a lot of play areas and ball fields but loads of trash too. Just kept on going. I usually hit a peak around 45 minutes to an hour into a hunt. It's at that point I start meshing with the detector and also weirdly enough feeling the place out.

Then it happened- something better than just junk. The highlight of this hunt was a nice US Dollar Coin. I've only found 1 other dollar coin metal detecting and that was with my Equinox 800 some years back. Now the Nokta Legend has caught up. Below are the finds in about an hour 15 minutes of hunting. I don't show the junk dug. And I also have included a picture of the dollar coin after I did my resto job on it a bit ago. She turned out really good and I'm very pleased with this hunt.
Had a lot against me but could not pass up detecting! It's my therapy. Will keep on swinging long as I can whenever I can! It's not about what you might find of value it's about getting away from all the stupid things that annoy you. Many will see this as meager, and I agree to a certain extent but in a place that has never given me anything today was a big difference. Happy Hunting Everybody!

Attachments

• 042724_LegendFinds2.jpg
    042724_LegendFinds2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 26
  • ReDollarFace.jpg
    ReDollarFace.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 18
  • ReDollarBack.jpg
    ReDollarBack.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 13

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RobNC..
Good work getting out there..
Congratulations on your accomplishment
Thanks for sharing.
HH

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RobNC..
Good work getting out there..
Congratulations on your accomplishment
Thanks for sharing.
HH
Thank you, I love metal detecting. Sometimes I get frustrated but then again I'm only human.
I got bit a long time ago with this. 53 now and started when I was 9 or ten. Radio Shack junker special was my first detector. Ate batteries faster than a squirrel eats bird seed. I still remember using metal detecting to get out of the house and escape the drama going on inside it. We had a "Legion Hut" next to the house and there were always coins being dropped. Quarters, dimes, pennies. Enough to pay for more batteries! When I wasn't doing that countless hours were accumulated at the picnic table with my Radio Shack Electronics Lab. Again, these were always safe places for me to be and places that occupied my mind. Things I could do to escape and learn without distractions or irritation. I still use detecting to this very day to escape. Not to find major things, but just to remember a fragment of the freedoms it gave me back then and still gives today. Metal Detecting has always been therapy for me. If people would just allow themselves to not get caught up in it being a competition (like everything else in the world), it can help a great many problems just getting lost in that moment and forgetting about the rat race world around you.

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. And if you don't mind im praying for your health and well being. 🙂

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job. And if you don't mind im praying for your health and well being. 🙂
I appreciate it. I truly do.
Kind thoughts and words are always good. It's nice to know there are still people out there who think of others and have a good heart(like yourself). It's getting harder to be good though. The good people feel they can't show it much anymore due to fears they will be taken advantage of. Thank you.
We all have things to go through. My things are minor compared to issues others have. They are annoying and aggravating more than anything for me at this point in time. Guess I'm paying for all that craziness I did when I was younger. Could get hurt and heal overnight just about. Umm, not so much like that now. LOL

My wife has numerous health problems that are much more than the ones I deal with and they won't go away. It makes me feel good to have her along when she can go. She has always enjoyed seeing shiny things found. She can't bend much anymore or stoop down to pick them up due to her diabetic neuropathy. That's just one thing on the poor girl. Asthma is another major one(that one didn't come on her until after COVID back in 2020). But she still enjoys going. I'm a lucky man to have her as my wife and friend for over 32 years now. The least I can do is keep on finding things that we can talk about and wonder just how it got to where we found it and the story behind it. Helps take her mind off her issues and helps me take my mind off work-related headaches. Plus she gets exercise, sunshine, and fresh air(mostly). And that's what life is really about, enjoying time with those you love and care about. Just so happens metal detecting is something we both like which makes it even better! I must admit I am guilty of getting her into the detecting. She didn't quite get it at first but as time has went on she has grown to like the hunts and actually gets sad if we don't go. It's an adventure every time.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The day started off quite bad. I suffer from chronic dry eyes and allergies. Well I woke this morning and rubbed my most troublesome eye rather firmly. That was a really bad idea... I looked in the mirror and looked like death, bloody as all get out. I've had this before over the years and it always seems to happen when all the pollen is out and my patience is thin. Long story short, a trip to the eye dr and some poking and prodding revealed it was a bursted blood vessel as in the past with no damage. So that sucked. On drops for it, and will look like been in a boxing match for a couple weeks. Yeah, been here before and it is no fun. It doesn't necessarily hurt but feels gritty and scratchy. Just annoying.
I've been dealing with tendonitis in my swing arm too and that isn't going anywhere but I've been pressing it harder and harder and extending hunt times. So 2 things against me.
With the day sucking bad so far and my eye feeling icky it made me mad because I wanted to go metal detecting. So I said to heck with it and went anyway!
And being a glutton for punishment I decided to go to a local school that has only gave me a penny or two in the past.
Today started out much the same, loads of pull tabs (no rings here today), can slaw, screws, pencil tops, and other assorted junk. There are a lot of play areas and ball fields but loads of trash too. Just kept on going. I usually hit a peak around 45 minutes to an hour into a hunt. It's at that point I start meshing with the detector and also weirdly enough feeling the place out.

Then it happened- something better than just junk. The highlight of this hunt was a nice US Dollar Coin. I've only found 1 other dollar coin metal detecting and that was with my Equinox 800 some years back. Now the Nokta Legend has caught up. Below are the finds in about an hour 15 minutes of hunting. I don't show the junk dug. And I also have included a picture of the dollar coin after I did my resto job on it a bit ago. She turned out really good and I'm very pleased with this hunt.
Had a lot against me but could not pass up detecting! It's my therapy. Will keep on swinging long as I can whenever I can! It's not about what you might find of value it's about getting away from all the stupid things that annoy you. Many will see this as meager, and I agree to a certain extent but in a place that has never given me anything today was a big difference. Happy Hunting Everybody!
Nice!!! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread