🥇 BANNER This doesn't happen often. Old Hikok wallet with 4 silvers in it, 10k 1943 class ring and an 1875cc dime.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doing mostly public places I don't usually have hunts like this. I've been working a vast area of old farm land. Lot of ground to cover. Needle in hay stack of shotgun shells type place. Got the usual shot shell signal and saw a class ring in the clump.

*1943 10k ring from Bever College. I definitely snagged the bottom of band with shovel. Nothing a jeweler can't fix. It's been sized once and appears to have a crack in one of the sizing seams. 9.11 grams with center stone.

*Had a low tone out of the fields on a trail. A destroyed wallet and I was picking up its snap button and zipper. Moved a few more leaves and had a high tone. Really shiny 1964 Washington. I concluded at one point it must have been in the now mangled wallet. Swept around leaves with pointer and 2 Washington's, a merc and clad nickel all laying on top each other like fallen dominoes. Wallet was made by Hikok mfg Co in New York. I think they sold that brand at sears and maybe other stores? Hikok made men's accessories like belt buckles, wallets ect

*kept going on trail and got the 1875cc. Unfortunately I got the front as it was up against a baby tree. Back is fine , go figure. I'll post a picture when I get home.

Other non precious items in bigger group shot. Think that's a gas key?

Attachments

• 20240310_181524.jpg
    20240310_181524.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37,783
  • 20240310_154635.jpg
    20240310_154635.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 457
  • IMG_20240310_183540_728.jpg
    IMG_20240310_183540_728.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 420
  • 20240311_180217.jpg
    20240311_180217.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Upvote 82

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I would call your day a 10 out of 10. What an assortment. Posts like this malw me want to take the jump and buy a detector, I've been an awed viewer on this site for many years, but never made the jump just yet. Congrats.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I would call your day a 10 out of 10. What an assortment. Posts like this malw me want to take the jump and buy a detector, I've been an awed viewer on this site for many years, but never made the jump just yet. Congrats.
Thank you. I haven't posted everything from here but here's what came out the last few months detecting here on and off. Think that key goes to that lock. But I haven't heated up the slide to try and free it and see if it fits. Key looks very similar to catalog entry I found for a W. Bohannan model 512 which the lock in photo is.

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_182036_029.jpg
    IMG_20231207_182036_029.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • 20240310_235213.jpg
    20240310_235213.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • 20231202_140424.jpg
    20231202_140424.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marino13, Welcome to T-Net of course. As a member I feel it to be my duty to inform and warn you, that when you do buy a detector, (and you will) your life will NEVER be the same. One small example; when walking or driving around, either as driver or passenger, you will never view things the same way again, you will then see many places as a potential metal detecting area, thinking "I'd sure like to detect that place", or like when there are some things that you feel you should be doing around the house, if the weather is at least OK, you may find yourself swinging a coil somewhere, not even sure as to how you got there. Having said that, it really not all so bad, nothing we can't live with. I myself have been trying to kick the hobby , habit, obsession for 35+ years, and I'm making progress I think, and of course you'll be in good company. Have fun, you never know what you might find. And yes, RatherBeDigging did have a good day . The seated liberty dime? What a thrill THAT is.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Marino13, Welcome to T-Net of course. As a member I feel it to be my duty to inform and warn you, that when you do buy a detector, (and you will) your life will NEVER be the same. One small example; when walking or driving around, either as driver or passenger, you will never view things the same way again, you will then see many places as a potential metal detecting area, thinking "I'd sure like to detect that place", or like when there are some things that you feel you should be doing around the house, if the weather is at least OK, you may find yourself swinging a coil somewhere, not even sure as to how you got there. Having said that, it really not all so bad, nothing we can't live with. I myself have been trying to kick the hobby , habit, obsession for 35+ years, and I'm making progress I think, and of course you'll be in good company. Have fun, you never know what you might find. And yes, RatherBeDigging did have a good day . The seated liberty dime? What a thrill THAT is.
I should say "disclaimer: results not typical " so no one thinks this is how it always goes. Very good post btw

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got a great place there! I adore that little turtle!! What great finds!!
Thank you. The turtle 🐢 is the end if a stick pin and was found near the silver cufflinks. I suspect someone tripped broke pin and lost the cufflinks. Flat coin was a 1788 real. Can see under magnification. Bunch of Indians not in photo. Great place but a lot of walking..

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. The turtle 🐢 is the end if a stick pin and was found near the silver cufflinks. I suspect someone tripped broke pin and lost the cufflinks. Flat coin was a 1788 real. Can see under magnification. Bunch of Indians not in photo. Great place but a lot of walking..
I like the jack and dice too. As many of those that I played with, I'm surprised we don't find more. Those look really old though.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I myself have been trying to kick the hobby , habit, obsession for 35+ years, and I'm making progress I think
Well got another 20 on that total.
Never tried to kick this habit, I still want more.

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Kansas so, I'm not sure I could find the stuff of folks on the treasure coasts or colonial areas, or better yet the old stuff in England.m like crusader, and blossom , Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get started. Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.

Fugio

Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Legend, AT Pro, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a hunt! Those are some incredible finds right there, my friend. A gold rings, various silver coins, and a seated CC to top it off? Sounds like a dream day to me! Congratulations!

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a hunt! Those are some incredible finds right there, my friend. A gold rings, various silver coins, and a seated CC to top it off? Sounds like a dream day to me! Congratulations!
Yes. The finds from the top most post are from this past weekend. Rest of items in my 2nd post are from several hunts here plus the coins and ring from this past weekend. 13 Indians have come out in total. It's a lot of dang walking but worth it clearly.

My detecting friend found 2 capped bust dimes in here if my cc wasn't motivation enough..... one of his dimes was really slick, the 1814 big date, no spaces is a beauty though. See pic of his find. It came out last week.

Attachments

• image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 10

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds to say the least.
At first I thought that “Jack” next to the dice was a CW caltrop. May be too small?
Congrats,
MM

Attachments

• IMG_6381.jpeg
    IMG_6381.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6379.jpeg
    IMG_6379.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread