Autumn silver flower - Eyeball find

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Hi fellow treasurehunters.
Autumn hasn't yet arrived here in Greece, it's still sunny and hot, nice weather for hunting.
But I had better luck just walking home than looking around my favorite hunting spots out in the field. So yesterday walking by a recycling dumpster in the middle of my hometown, there was this curious metallic thing with a "spring" attached to it, tossed behind the dumpster, between the sidewalk and the street. I picked it up to check out what it was and it was a (not so beautifull) metallic "daisy" (you tell me what flower you think this is supposed to be) on a long wire stalk coiled into a spring and one single small leaf, folded in half just below the flower.
So I stuffed this thing in my pocked (it seems I can't resist garbage...) to decide later at home what to do with it, reycle it or turn it into a gift or whatever.
That was a good decission since once at home I bent the leaf into shape and "tada!" the leaf had a "925" stamped on it, haha! Silver, 12g of it, the flower is about 5cm in diameter, not bad for just walking past the trash.
Who throws away something like that?

Greetings, just wanted to share this find with you guys.
Paco

IMG_20231015_233540.jpg
IMG_20231015_233637_1.jpg
IMG_20231015_235520.jpg

Upvote 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well found on the .925 flower.
Some folks don't care-if they have no need for something-toss it.

Then again it could of been a gift from a former mate and the break up is a toss out regardless of value.

Kind of the toss of the ring out the window of the car-rings tossed over the cliff-heard many stories of different tosses.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Autumn hasn't yet arrived here in Greece, it's still sunny and hot, nice weather for hunting.
But I had better luck just walking home than looking around my favorite hunting spots out in the field. So yesterday walking by a recycling dumpster in the middle of my hometown, there was this curious metallic thing with a "spring" attached to it, tossed behind the dumpster, between the sidewalk and the street. I picked it up to check out what it was and it was a (not so beautifull) metallic "daisy" (you tell me what flower you think this is supposed to be) on a long wire stalk coiled into a spring and one single small leaf, folded in half just below the flower.
So I stuffed this thing in my pocked (it seems I can't resist garbage...) to decide later at home what to do with it, reycle it or turn it into a gift or whatever.
That was a good decission since once at home I bent the leaf into shape and "tada!" the leaf had a "925" stamped on it, haha! Silver, 12g of it, the flower is about 5cm in diameter, not bad for just walking past the trash.

Paco

View attachment 2110106 View attachment 2110107 View attachment 2110108
Nice!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Paco

View attachment 2110106 View attachment 2110107 View attachment 2110108
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions