Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yippee! I'm now in the 1800's club and my first hallmarked jewelry - New info!

Went out with the new AT Pro to the old campground/ fishing spot area since the horizontal wind and rain finally let up. Switching from from the Ace 350, I'm still learning what this machine is saying, re tuning my ears, over the last 10 hours, using Pro zero, iron audio on (hate the hum)

Starting to get it -

1898 group.JPG1898 barber.JPGthisle pin 2.JPGthisle pin 1.JPG

When I dug the Barber quarter, I thought at first it was a washer, so thin -

I'm very proud of the spoon and pin - thanks to advice on this board, I was able to pick out the silver squeak repeating through the iron audio.

The spoon, though plated, was a one way signal, nothing on the 90 degree turn - why?

This silly spoon was vertical, with just the tip of the handle registering 6" down - had to dig way down to free it.

Sadly, the Thistle pin has lost 2 of the inserts, and the attaching piece - but though unreadable, it has stamped hallmarks!

Update!!!!!

*Thanks to Kiddo, I was able to ID the pin

thislepin new.jpg

intactpin.jpg

AL Ld mark, Adie & Lovekin Ltd , Birmingham 1925
AL Ld
Adie & Lovekin Ltd,

Going from one machine to another, this hunt has given me more confidence in my upgrade, though still more to learn.

thanks for looking - HH

Last edited:
Upvote 26
At least I got the British and sterling lion part right. Haha
It was hard to see the original pictures of the marks but great job of nailing the maker and date down! [emoji106]

Great hunt and great old silver.
Congrats on your 19th century coin and welcome to the club.

Nice silver recovery. :occasion14:

I think you will like the sounds of the AT Pro with iron audio, really very helpful in iron infested sites.

HEY WACKER DANG NICE FINDS .....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back