Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yippee! I'm now in the 1800's club and my first hallmarked jewelry - New info!

Went out with the new AT Pro to the old campground/ fishing spot area since the horizontal wind and rain finally let up. Switching from from the Ace 350, I'm still learning what this machine is saying, re tuning my ears, over the last 10 hours, using Pro zero, iron audio on (hate the hum)

Starting to get it -

1898 group.JPG1898 barber.JPGthisle pin 2.JPGthisle pin 1.JPG

When I dug the Barber quarter, I thought at first it was a washer, so thin -

I'm very proud of the spoon and pin - thanks to advice on this board, I was able to pick out the silver squeak repeating through the iron audio.

The spoon, though plated, was a one way signal, nothing on the 90 degree turn - why?

This silly spoon was vertical, with just the tip of the handle registering 6" down - had to dig way down to free it.

Sadly, the Thistle pin has lost 2 of the inserts, and the attaching piece - but though unreadable, it has stamped hallmarks!

Update!!!!!

*Thanks to Kiddo, I was able to ID the pin

thislepin new.jpg

intactpin.jpg

AL Ld mark, Adie & Lovekin Ltd , Birmingham 1925
AL Ld
Adie & Lovekin Ltd,

Going from one machine to another, this hunt has given me more confidence in my upgrade, though still more to learn.

thanks for looking - HH

Last edited:
Upvote 26
Nice batch of silver

Congrats on the Barber, I'd say you're doing great with the Pro. I used to run Iron Audio off, and then switch it on when I got to an iffy signal. The Iron Audio feature on the Pro is pretty good. If you get an ok signal (that turns out to be a rusty bottle cap), switch the Iron Audio on and you will get the telltale iron grunts that will give you a better idea that's it's junk.

Congrats on the Barber, I'd say you're doing great with the Pro. I used to run Iron Audio off, and then switch it on when I got to an iffy signal. The Iron Audio feature on the Pro is pretty good. If you get an ok signal (that turns out to be a rusty bottle cap), switch the Iron Audio on and you will get the telltale iron grunts that will give you a better idea that's it's junk.

thanks for the comeback! Still playing with all the settings - will make progress using the iron audio, but at the moment that darn hum (iron audio off, gb 93) makes my ears hear a bad capacitor in a Ham radio - gotta adjust the brain cells to the equipment! :)

Nice finds ! :icon_thumleft:

Good looking finds... Hope to start finding more myself

Very well done. The Barber is a quarter, right? That's a really nice way to enter the 1800s club!

Well played brother.

Great finds! ! Learning a new machine is like taking music lessons. Good work!!

Very well done. The Barber is a quarter, right? That's a really nice way to enter the 1800s club!

Well played brother.

oops! yes, it's a quarter - back is so worn, can't find a mint mark.

Congrats on digging those four keepers. GL swinging and learning the AT Pro.

Went out with the new AT Pro to the old campground/ fishing spot area since the horizontal wind and rain finally let up. Switching from from the Ace 350, I'm still learning what this machine is saying, re tuning my ears, over the last 10 hours, using Pro zero, iron audio on (hate the hum)

Starting to get it -

View attachment 1263080View attachment 1263081View attachment 1263082View attachment 1263083

When I dug the Barber quarter, I thought at first it was a washer, so thin -

I'm very proud of the spoon and pin - thanks to advice on this board, I was able to pick out the silver squeak repeating through the iron audio.

The spoon, though plated, was a one way signal, nothing on the 90 degree turn - why?

This silly spoon was vertical, with just the tip of the handle registering 6" down - had to dig way down to free it.

Sadly, the Thistle pin has lost 2 of the inserts, and the attaching piece - but though unreadable, it has stamped hallmarks!

Going from one machine to another, this hunt has given me more confidence in my upgrade, though still more to learn.

thanks for looking - HH

Sweet finds. The thistle pin is awesome. Can you post a close up of the hallmarks. I think I see the lion rampant which is the British mark for sterling silver and should have a head outline image of the reigning monarch to date it. Possible a date letter as well. Maybe queen Victoria?

Nice for you to break into the 18 hundreds with a quarter. For most people it's a penny or a dime at best

Nice silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back