Yesterday's finds- Western Indiana

bcbirdman

Apr 14, 2023
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First good haul of the season. Crops are out of many fields and went out this weekend. These are the best finds and one incredible bonus - this beautiful arrowhead that popped out of the hole I dug for a target, which ended up being a trashy copper lid. haha

Any info on the date of the buttons? I am thinking both are early 1800s. I've never found a button that had a shank on it like the first one with the floral pattern (it's not totally flat either. Has a slight convexity to it). Reminds me of an older style. Also, check out the big brass ring! It's all bent but would've held a big gem at one time. Unfortunately, could not find the gem in the hole. haha

Attachments

• IMG_4723.jpg
    IMG_4723.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4720.jpg
    IMG_4720.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4719.jpg
    IMG_4719.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4729.jpg
    IMG_4729.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4728.jpg
    IMG_4728.jpg
    760.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4727.jpg
    IMG_4727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4721.jpg
    IMG_4721.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 20
Beautiful button(s) and arrowhead.

Is there 2 buttons the same pattern?
Thanks! And no, there is only one button with that floral pattern and it has the drilled shank. I added two pictures of that button to show the details under the magnifying glass and also the size in my hand. However, I did post a second button that is just a flat button with no back mark with a shank that has an older style mounting.

First good haul of the season. Crops are out of many fields and went out this weekend. These are the best finds and one incredible bonus - this beautiful arrowhead that popped out of the hole I dug for a target, which ended up being a trashy copper lid. haha

Any info on the date of the buttons? I am thinking both are early 1800s. I've never found a button that had a shank on it like the first one with the floral pattern (it's not totally flat either. Has a slight convexity to it). Reminds me of an older style. Also, check out the big brass ring! It's all bent but would've held a big gem at one time. Unfortunately, could not find the gem in the hole. haha
Ring would have been pretty impressive in its day!

That looks to me like a Hopewell Snyders point. Notice how the base is crooked to the blade? It’s a knife that’s been resharpened several times. I’m not sure what type of flint that is, but it’s definitely been heated to produce those colors.
IMG_6773.jpeg

great saves for sure, wtg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back