Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May look good, but yeah a geofact. Any of you guys would spot it after a closer look. This is in an area where scavengers have come in and cleared out every single potsherd larger than a half dollar in the last few years. Maybe an E-Bay market? Just really aggravates me. So I gave them an artifact. Saw this big flat rock and a mano kinda lookin rock next to it so set it up. Managed to find a small piece of plain gray ware to place as an attractor. My hope is next time those fools come in, they see it, see dollar signs and latch onto it. Cause it's a very, very heavy rock and a long ways to carry back to where they parked. Unfortunately, another fool may buy it. But sorry, couldn't resist doing this.
9-12zz.jpg
9-12zzz.jpg

I’m a flintknapper and have boxes of arrowheads I’ve made. I’ve never seeded any ever but have thought about it more than once. I once used the little scissors on my Swiss Army knife to cut arrowheads from styrofoam cups and leave them along the river on old Indian campsites. One of my competitors found one and called me. He said he knew it was me that did it. I got him good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back