Year 1550, 1800 coins and etc

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today i spent one hour in a trashy park.
Terrible experience.
I noticed some pine trees and so i headed there. The area was less trashy and a 80 was coming from far away. About 20 cm i found the 3 Centimes of Napoleon. So the area became a interesting one.

img053.jpgimg054.jpg

A strong 62-63 sound and the other coin was almost in the surface. It was a Terlina of Filippo II 1556-1598.

img051.jpgimg052.jpg

First i thought that this thimbles were from our days but then i red somwhere that were used from 1800 to 1900. The soldiers should have always with them.

img049.jpg

Thank you for watching.

Upvote 9
The bottom right thimble is the oldest. These topless types are sometimes referred to a Taylors. Might just be 17th C.

Also a common British Army General Service Corp button post 1902

Sweet digs Vince, I envy you having such a history rich area to hunt. Are you in the graphic arts field?

The bottom right thimble is the oldest. These topless types are sometimes referred to a Taylors. Might just be 17th C.

Also a common British Army General Service Corp button post 1902

I thought the same about the last one because of the way it is engraved.

Very nice finds Vince. The thimbles are really nice.

Good luck!

Sweet digs Vince, I envy you having such a history rich area to hunt. Are you in the graphic arts field?

Thanks Loco. Feel free to envy me :p . I'm not in the graphics arts field. Why do you think so? Shooting photos or editing them is my hobby.

Thanks Tom. I almost threw them away.

It seems you are getting as good at finding treasure as you are in your photo editing skills. I need to improve my photo skills.

The one that i post aren't photos. I scanned them. Sometimes shooting a photo can hrlp you id the coin finding the right angle but if u have not that prob just put them on a scanner.

VINCE YOU GOT SOME INTERESTING FINDS ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back