Yamaha Triples.....

sold this suzuki last winter.
rode it for three years'. GT 750. three cyl, air cooled, two stroke, dual disk front end. extremely ugly.

WAY TOO FAST! did i have fun.

Attachments

• 3-5-04 003.jpg
    3-5-04 003.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 230
my brother does and got um cheap.Dont know the cc but they run

I have owned 2 early Yamaha 750's and one 650 special. If I recall correctly, the Yammy XS was shaft drive??
I wanted one :thumbsup:
In this pic I am the second mullet from the right.
5 bikers.3.jpg

I had just revived that bike from an ignominious end, and shortly afterwards had a near death experience, without being scratched, when the motor seized as I went downhill and actually hit 100 mph!!
My punishment was to be a pillion for the next several 100 miles, on my Mate's bike

Cool ! Perhaps I will cross paths with some of them on ....yamaha-triples.org

Marty

i had a GT-750 like that, would like to find another and do a complete rebuild, mine had the 3 tuned race pipes, shaved head with porting, it would pass everything but the gas pump

Well, I have the Kawasaki version; 1972 H1 (500cc, 2-stroke). Haven't had this one out this year though.

Attachments

• H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 199
just sold my beloved '75 Suzuki T500 twin 2 stroke last year.

Also, I believe I have a clymer or haynes for Kaw. h1 and h2 if anyone is interested. Let me know and I'll see if I can dig it up. Please Email me.

[email protected]

Erin

LoL!

I remember some of those bikes...

Dingodes 500 2 stroke twin was the biggest 2 cycle motorcycle built at the time I think...

and Benz's kawi triple! Quick fast and in a hurry! Couldn't keep spokes in the back wheel on those!
The 750 triples were obscene when they came on the pipe.

Gotta go....

rmptr

i had picked up a nice drag frame for the H-2, with the slick and wheely bars, i understand there was a pretty good drag seen with these in the area, back in the day

I had an 80's Yamaha 1100cc Midnight Special that was very powerful but the frame geometry was horrid!

Ended up, I went down on a fwy offramp going maybe 30 - 40 mph immediately following a 2 or 3 mile speed run at over 100mph+

Luck was with me THAT day!

Because I never liked the handling of the bike, I didn't bother to repair it, and just sold it.

Probably should have kept it and tried mods to the front end, or something?

Now I'm working on a 750 Seca. Well, that's the project at the top of the pile! ;D

Best
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back