Xterra on old homesite

Beavertail

Nov 24, 2013
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, minelab equinox 800, e-trac,xterra 305, xterra 705, coiltek wot 7.5-18.75 kHz.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 346
Upvote 7
That's a good woman right there!

Looks like you found a silver quarter or half dollar?

It's a silver dollar. The big one is a token of some sort image.jpg

Four pieces of silver 1853 1901 dime silver dollar and a barber dime

Four pieces of silver 1853 1901 dime silver dollar and a barber dime

Wow you really cleaned house!!! Congrats

Your wife knows she probably won't see you anymore lol. Or maybe that's her plan? lol jk

Congrats!!!!

I'm extremely surprised with the power these xterra pack.

Great bunch of finds, nice silver!

Nice work. Did you dig some buttons there? Can you post photos of them? Be sure to read my post on button cleaning (link below), if you're just starting out. Be sure to save and post anything that *might* be something. The eagle eyes on this forum will point it out and save you from making the mistake of tossing out a good find. And good luck to you in your many hunts to come!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/cleaning-preservation/89045-how-clean-buttons.html

Cheers,

Buck

Welcome to the minelab world I wouldn't take nothing for mine it is a silver monster you will enjoy that machine, Well looks like you already are congrats on your finds & your minelab :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Great job on the silver, man! Those machines have a nice response time and good depth.

I'll leave this here. It's from another user on some forum. I had it saved on Word. I thought you may find it interesting.

Xterra Stock coil - Measuring Mineralization

Procedure in Normal GB mode with GB Tracking "OFF" and Sens=20:

A. Auto-noise cancel in the area you will hunting with the coil held 3 feet above the ground and parallel to it.

B. Locate a target free area of soil.

C. Engage Normal GB & remain in the GB screen.

D. Place coil on the soil. Do not press the coil against the ground! This will distort the coil shape and give an inaccurate result. Simply allow the weight of the machine to lightly keep it against the ground.

E. Press the Auto GB button and raise coil about two feet above the ground before Auto GB has completed. If by the time you reach the apex of pulling the coil up to two feet it doesn't complete, then pump up and down from just above the ground to two feet high as accurately as possible. Recall that Auto GB signals with a tone when completed.

F. While still in GB mode press and hold Patterns button to get the numbers. The numbers are six digits in length but read out in three groups of two that will repeat if the Patterns button is held down. Therefore 99 99 99(almost a million) is the largest number possible and 0(00 00 00) is the smallest. Forty-six thousand would appear as the following sequence, 04--60--00. Make a note of the numbers which we will call the "IRON NUMBER"(Magnetite...Black-Sand).

G. As a reference, numbers in the thousands are mild ground, medium grounds tens of thousands , and hot hundreds of thousands. For clarity:
1. 0(zero) >> 10K mild ground.
2. 10K >> 100K medium ground.
3. 100K >> 1M hot to scorching.

Procedure in Beach GB mode with GB Tracking "OFF":

The same as above in normal GB except that your are measuring conductivity. Great for Ocean beaches, salt flats, & dried up lake beds etc. I would also take three samples in the exact same spot and average them to get an average number, using either of the above procedures.

awesome finds!

Nice finds, good luck with your new machine.

Your wife sounds like a very, very nice person, congrats on the silver and other finds and I wish you succes with your new beast.
ZDD

Congrats on all your finds,you did really well.

It was a great day now I'm looking toward an e-trac. Lol and my bad on the post I meant half dollar. There was also three silver dimes and a v nickel. Some tokens and a large cent a penny and a bunch of buttons I'll post picks in the morning. I'm goin back tomorrow so maybe we wil see more!!!

Im very impressed with my Minelab, Though I enjoy my GTI 2500. The Explorer SE is my main detector, it outperforms my 2500 by a longshot! Im sold on the Minelabs.

cool stuff. hope to see some close ups

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back