TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting for 35+ years and on several occasions have come across old wells, or clearly what would have been considered a well, and my question for Treasurenet Forum is...
Has anyone actually gone into an old well to see if they could find anything left by past generations ?
Years ago in Spain we hunted a field for Roman coins and artifacts and there was this BIG open hole in the ground, probably 10 feet across and full of water, (7-8 foot drop to the water and if you fell in there would be no getting out without help and a rope) and clearly was some kind of well... and I always wondered if someone went scuba diving in something like that, what exactly would or have they found ?

I've been hunting for 35+ years and on several occasions have come across old wells, or clearly what would have been considered a well, and my question for Treasurenet Forum is...
Has anyone actually gone into an old well to see if they could find anything left by past generations ?
Many have. But never resurfaced to tell us about it :(
Years ago in Spain we hunted a field for Roman coins and artifacts and there was this BIG open hole in the ground, probably 10 feet across and full of water, (7-8 foot drop to the water and if you fell in there would be no getting out without help and a rope) and clearly was some kind of well... and I always wondered if someone went scuba diving in something like that, what exactly would or have they found ?

I've always thought that maybe you would find hundreds of coins, where they used it as a "wishing well"
I know everyone has heard that term before... But where do you think that it originated ?
Many civilizations believed in the underworld, and may have tossed stuff into wells as a form of sacrifice to the Gods
of the underworld, believing that these places might be a doorway or the closest thing to the Gods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back