Wrong Type of Eagle

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Well I went back looking for the cache again. Did get one coin type signal at the base of a tree so I dug.
DCAM0001.JPG

and dug.
DCAM0002.JPG

Darn it--empty.
DCAM0003.JPG

So I went over to the original homestead site and saw the barn 1st. Figured I'd check it out. I go into one of the stalls and get another coin type signals in the middle. So I dug and see something round.

DCAM0004.JPG

a bit more clearing of the hole.

DCAM0005.JPG

and out pops an Army Cap Device.

DCAM0006.JPG

DCAM0007.JPG

But it's thicker and heavier than others I've found. It almost makes me think it's cast from lead.

Upvote 0
Thank you everyone! The place is fun but boy are those thorn trees sharp! :o
But we'll keep going back-the owner said to come back anytime. The place easy to get to but the people in the area keep a real close eye on who's hanging around. Was stopped by 2 different people the same day and as soon as I mentioned the owners name and pulled the cell phone out to dial they said ok and left.

PBK, wow! Knowledgeable and talented too. LOL Thanks for the repair.

Sherm, yes it's going under the stem and wound clockwise. I change coils fairly often and forget the velcro so wrapping it that way keeps the coil from picking up the cable. In that type of environment, branches, brambles, and saplings will grab ahold of anything loose-including headphone cords.

Great, Great post, love all the pictures, sure looks like a neat place to hunt!

Nice Eagle!

HH, Ringfinder

Re: Wrong Type of Eagle-Update

Found out more history on the bridle rosette. After talking with the landowner, he said his uncle-the original landowner was alloted the land by the government after being relocated to a new Indian reservation. He said the government also gave each allotment member horse tack, a buggy, and their choice of a team of horses or a team of mules. This was done between the late 1890's to early 1900's.

use of the "great seal" on military buttons started in 1902 . so the time frame seems right.

Nice Rosette you found there Stoney.Here is one that I found last year in an old cellar.

Attachments

• Buckle 002.jpg
    Buckle 002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 493
  • Buckle 002.jpg
    Buckle 002.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 488
  • Buckle 003.jpg
    Buckle 003.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 466
US Cavalry Bridle Rosette early 1900's

I found one earlier this spring at a Boy Scout Camp and my loop also broke off after a few months of setting it down harder than I should have. Think PBK could fix mine to?

Here's a link of the same style Rosette and they are trying to get $45 out of it.

http://www.antiquemystique.com/pages/9502_jpg.htm

That's a great find.

HH

DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back