WOW, What A Ring!! UPDATED PICS

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to hunt 2 houses next to eachother that are being remodeled. They are from mid 1800's.
Went today for about a hour to the first one. As usual picking most of the trash out first so I can get to the goodies. Fount this ring though. It is huge. I was like what the #*$& Hehe. Did a little research on it and the man on it was born in Germany in 1906. Gonna do more research tonight. Also found a few cents (none old) and a piece of a old cap gun and a few other things. Cant wait to get back out there again I hope tomorrow.

HH

Twister

The last pic is a comparison of the ring against a size 10 ring

Attachments

• 2005_0624manring0002.jpg
    2005_0624manring0002.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,360
  • 2005_0624stuff0001.JPG
    2005_0624stuff0001.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 1,115
  • compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 0
Re: WOW, What A Ring!!

Do you think the ring belonged to the tallest man or did they sell them as souvenirs at fairs?
If it's the real thing...you just found a treasure Congrats! Bet it would go for big bucks on ebay.

Twister, I think you'll find that it probably was a souvenir ring from Barnum and Bailey Circus or something similar. Nice find BTW. ?8) HH

I saw a special on the History Channel about the tallest man on earth within the last year or so. ?He was over 9' tall and didn't live very long, died in his mid to late 30's as I recall. ?That was back in the 1920's or 30's and I think he was associated with P.T. Barnum. You might check that out. ?If it is his ring , he was quite famous in his day and it is probably worth a lot of $$$ as a curio alone. ?Be sure and let us know. ?JiM

The Ring was Sold at a Circus or Carnival Freak Show, Where he Preformed.
CHECK THIS OUT
http://www.losttreasure.com/shopping/p-1344-norwegian-giant.aspx

?

Very Cool Find

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?CONGRATS TWISTER !!!!

I got $35.00 for an AL TOMAINI? GIANT back 6 -7 years ago

according to MARK PARKER, originals sell for between $25 & 50, and are made of Pot Metal or a Lead
like aloy

Thanks for the help with info on the ring. I am very proud of it. I Love Diggin Hehe.

HH

Twister

That's one cool ring. I like to see the relics you don't see every day. I have read a article I can't recall on a find similar to yours.

HH Jeremy

Great find! Sounds like you have a great spot/s to hunt. Keep posting.

Jim is correct it was on tv again the other day very cool find!!

That's a REALLY great find Twister!!!

Nana ;)

Nice find,

I'd be hunting that place again for sure!

HH

Lonewolfe

Very cool find, WTG!!!
You said it was huge,,,How about another pic with something in it to compare the size to ???
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Jakob (or Jacob) Nacken was born in Dusseldorf, Germany in 1906. He came to the U.S. to appear at the 1939-40 New York World's Fair. When WWII broke out he answered his native country's call to arms and fought against the Allies. His capture in 1944 as the "biggest Nazi" made all the press throughout the U.S. He must have liked the States, though, as in 1949 he sailed here to take a job as "the world's largest Santa Claus" and eventually became a citizen. He was still finding work as the world's tallest man in 1959 when he appeared with Ripley's Odditorium on Broadway. Jakob was 81 years old when he died - somewhere in Europe.

Attachments

• JN.jpg
    JN.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 512
Once again a fine bunch of research!!! Now that's what this site is all about. Great job all involved.
Dano

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back