🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Would you consider this created by hand ? I haveto scrub it up

rosespetal

Dec 11, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
Whites pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m looking for things in all the weird places- def found a weird place. I know this can’t be “Natural” thoughts ?

01736F29-0B2E-4F84-861E-223027811EE6.jpeg

Attachments

• 35C65D30-FC3E-46A8-8C4D-A9ED62F7E463.jpeg
    35C65D30-FC3E-46A8-8C4D-A9ED62F7E463.jpeg
    947.1 KB · Views: 48
  • EF799079-7007-4528-ABA4-7355801718C4.png
    EF799079-7007-4528-ABA4-7355801718C4.png
    272.8 KB · Views: 50
How big is the object, which looks like a rock.
What is the 3rd image all about?

Upvote 0
I’m looking for things in all the weird places- def found a weird place. I know this can’t be “Natural” thoughts ?

View attachment 2096495
I am in a location that has had some type of humans there a LONGGG time ago- 2' deep plus ago- and am finding things of that era and older. While detecting, I cam across this, a buried bottle, some weird cap/aluminum I guess some metal fragments IDK...if I were somewhere fighting, I'd leave a marker or symbol behind for anyone else on my side personally. I KNOW it's a "ROCK" I am trying to see if it was 'helped' in creating the shape.
The bottom looks overall handmade/molded- reminds me of a marker TBH, found this near the pocketknife I found and much deeper farther away burned coal/wood whatever very deep.
Going to haveto search more, and see if I can find anything more concrete I suppose ie buttons etc. My gut is saying DIG DIG DIG!
My energy levels say go pour a glass of wine and put your feet up :laughing9:
But we all know that gut feeling, so, I guess I'm going to be getting bitten up all over again out in the woods. SMH IDK why the bugs are resistant to OTC repellents down here in VA. In NJ they just leave you alone!

Attachments

• IMG_9896.jpeg
    IMG_9896.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9899.jpeg
    IMG_9899.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_9897.jpeg
    IMG_9897.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Upvote 0
The bottom looks overall handmade/molded
I'm not seeing it. It just looks like a natural rock to me.

My gut is saying DIG DIG DIG!
There's no harm in digging. If you're wrong, you get some exercise. If you're right, you may get something nice. Personally, I've learned that when my gut tells me something, it's usually right.

Upvote 6
I'm not seeing it. It just looks like a natural rock to me.

There's no harm in digging. If you're wrong, you get some exercise. If you're right, you may get something nice. Personally, I've learned that when my gut tells me something, it's usually right.
OK ty, True, all else fails I get bit up more, sweat some calories, and exercise. Hopefully I will find something in the next hunt, otherwise, I'm quitting this spot LOL Although, for all the metal detecting videos etc I've seen on youtube, I'd NEVER hunt for 4 hrs and not find anything, I dont have the focus for that. So, it better be quick!

Upvote 1
Looks natural to me, I don't see any signs of it being worked either. :icon_scratch:
TY, yea I get ya. Just for all the stupid "Rocks" this one reminds me so much of something, like the clovers, but its got a 'base' to it, like a marker. Weird.

Upvote 1
Upvote 0
TY, yea I get ya. Just for all the stupid "Rocks" this one reminds me so much of something, like the clovers, but its got a 'base' to it, like a marker. Weird.
Posting it up in the https://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-indian-artifacts.82/

Will get you many replies of it being a natural rock/not worked by man.

To say it is anything else just diminishes the overall quality/content of that subsection of the forum.
You know it's a rock and pareidolia is the driving force in believing there's something to it.

Upvote 3
You referred to other items from this spot: buried bottle, weird cap/aluminum, metal fragments and a pocketknife. Those should be in you pictures. Are you getting strong signals under the rock site? Info and facts go a long way on these forums. Best wishes.

Upvote 2
Natural rock. Not sure why you think maybe man made.

Do yourself a huge favor, don't get caught up in trying to see shapes, faces or images in rocks, it will lead you astray 99.9999% of the time and you will never find true artifacts. Instead look for signs of being worked by man.

Upvote 6
Posting it up in the https://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-indian-artifacts.82/

Will get you many replies of it being a natural rock/not worked by man.

To say it is anything else just diminishes the overall quality/content of that subsection of the forum.
You know it's a rock and pareidolia is the driving force in believing there's something to it.
True- but the shape fits the era of the area, and automatically reminded me of civil war and I didnt' know why til I got home then I said HMM does this looked chipped on purpose at all? I of course know its a rock- lol I just wanted to know if anything MADE it that way besides nature lol!

Upvote 0
rock used as what?
to mark where they were for anyone else or something- idk - if I was in a battle, before the civil war ended, and I'm sneaking and scouting etc- I'd put something somewhere to let anyone know in the future where I was- ie/mark a tree, make a symbol w a rock- etc. The area I've found a few round 'balls' small, that set my detector off, I found an 1800 cold cream jar, a pocket knife and IDR what else off the top of my head- so I am in the right area. Given that- and the base of this rock appearance, (near where I found the pocket knife) I was just like HMMM?? and was curious to know if anyone saw 'delibrate' non nature marks on the edges thats all. Ty everyone!!

Upvote 0
to mark where they were for anyone else or something- idk - if I was in a battle, before the civil war ended, and I'm sneaking and scouting etc- I'd put something somewhere to let anyone know in the future where I was- ie/mark a tree, make a symbol w a rock- etc. The area I've found a few round 'balls' small, that set my detector off, I found an 1800 cold cream jar, a pocket knife and IDR what else off the top of my head- so I am in the right area. Given that- and the base of this rock appearance, (near where I found the pocket knife) I was just like HMMM?? and was curious to know if anyone saw 'delibrate' non nature marks on the edges thats all. Ty everyone!!
It would be really great if you could post a picture of the 1800 cold cream jar if you could.

Upvote 0
It would be really great if you could post a picture of the 1800 cold cream jar if you could.
Its only the lid- I metal detected and found it trying to see if I could tell more on the area for the fire pit, but was getting eaten alive by bugs so I quit early. Next time I'll try to redig it again and look for the jar - Second image is identification only.

Pond's Cream was invented in the United States as a patent medicine by pharmacist Theron T. Pond (1800–1852) of Utica, New York, in 1846. Mr. Pond extracted a healing tea from witch hazel [Hamamelis spp.] which he discovered could heal small cuts and other ailments. The product was named "Golden Treasure." After Theron died, it would soon be known as "Pond's Extract."[1]

In 1849, the T. T. Pond Company was formed with Pond and other investors. Soon after, he sold his portion of the company because of failing health. He died in 1852. In 1914, the company was incorporated under the name Pond's Extract Company.[2]

Attachments

• IMG_9902.jpg
    IMG_9902.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 362689884_10159602078852823_6248757011596986253_n.jpg
    362689884_10159602078852823_6248757011596986253_n.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back