Would it work?

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
I recently bought a small electric hjghbanker to help me move more gravel. I have made some modifications including adding smaller expanded metal to the factory 1/2"grizzly (I am in indiana) and also added a guide for the water so it all lands evenly in the sluice and utilizes the whole sluice instead of dropping straight down in front of first ripple. Both of these improvements have greatly increased my recovery of the finer specks. Now I am thinking of adding a venturi to it so i can use it to vacuum the bedrock clean after I have removed the gravel. It would be 3/4" if I used the factory 800gph pump and hosing. My question is would this have enough suction? I plan on increasing the pump size so i can get rid of some of the drop, I was thinking 2500-3000 gph with a ball valve.

IMO either 1) buy a good pump and turn it into a highbanker/dredge combo OR 2) just get a hand dredge if you wanna use it just for what your talking about... Would either 1) Save you from shoveling all day like your used to or 2) Save you a bunch of money for same results

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back