WooDeeHOOOO!!

BixbyTreasure

Mar 8, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made ya look!! Anyway, longtime no see treasurenetter's, I don't really have much, I just wanted to say it will be 65 fabulous degrees here next Friday and I CANNOT WAIT!!! I got me a new spot ya see, (just imagine me as bugsy with a cigar hangin to one side.

Alas, I know you greedy little monkey's are hungry for a find. So I'm posting a few pics of the one awesome thing I found on my last hunt. Found this little beauty next to a water meter, as soon as I got out of the car. I was across the street from the old school, not where I had planned to detect. I was just warming her up ya know? I'm glad I did. Someone had beat me to the school and all I found there was a bit of very new clad. I love you guys, but dang it...stop beating me to it. Anyway, as always please excuse the pics my camera phone is not the best. Matter of fact, in case you can't see anything. its a pretty nice 1911 half. Seems to have some green algae on it that does not want to come off. I'm open to suggestions.

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR and HH!!! half dollar front pretty good.jpgHalf Dollar.jpg

Upvote 3
It looks like you are on your way to finding good things, nice find.:coffee2:

Nice barber!congrats. For some as you know cleaning a no no. Electrolysis i have done to some junk silver coins, you could try a good rubbing with damp baking soda which is what i do after. Expect colored fingers if not gloved ,and black will come off the coin too. Don,t complain to me in a hundred years should some one not like its having been cleaned! Truly, check current value first. It may be best left as is,but is your coin. Happy Hunting.

One word: toothpaste Miss Bixby, toothpaste (on the coin I mean) :laughing7:

A nice find Bixby, A real nice find, I usually find more and Better in the places that I had not planed to hunt than the ones that I ment to...........HH

Thank you thank you all,:P

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back