Wondering how old this copper spoon is? Edit: Solved!

perdidogringo

Apr 21, 2011
El Dorado
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Not much luck detecting today except for this old mangled copper spoon. It has a distinct design engraved on it so I am wondering if there is any way to get an approximate date on it? Thank in advance for any feedback!
Spoon1.jpeg
Spoon2.jpeg

Upvote 7
It was silver plated at one time. You might find some identifying marks on the back that may say if it was made by Sheffield or Roger's & Bro.

Coral: Sheffield Plate Co., 1890
Coral: Rogers & Bro. (numerous), 1892

Attachments

• f014f9e91e163114e0e82eef2d78e1f2.jpg
    f014f9e91e163114e0e82eef2d78e1f2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 34
It was silver plated at one time. You might find some identifying marks on the back that may say if it was made by Sheffield or Roger's & Bro.

Thank you so much for the identification! Super cool!

Might I ask where that information came from, @tamrock? Iā€™m not sure itā€™s correct. The pattern to the right of it is certainly ā€˜Coralā€™ but it doesnā€™t seem to be a very appropriate name for the one you circled.

Iā€™m not finding that pattern with a backmark from either the Sheffield Plate Co. or from Rogers & Bro. (under any name) in my reference sources. I believe itā€™s from the Sterling Silver Plate Co. and an undated pattern referred to as pattern ā€œThreeā€, but likely from the same sort of time period.

Thatā€™s also how ā€œSterling Flatware Fashionsā€ lists it, and so too does ā€œReplacements, Ltd.ā€ (although the picture from the latter is rather poor).

Three1.jpg

Three2.jpg

Might I ask where that information came from, @tamrock? Iā€™m not sure itā€™s correct. The pattern to the right of it is certainly ā€˜Coralā€™ but it doesnā€™t seem to be a very appropriate name for the one you circled.

Iā€™m not finding that pattern with a backmark from either the Sheffield Plate Co. or from Rogers & Bro. (under any name) in my reference sources. I believe itā€™s from the Sterling Silver Plate Co. and an undated pattern referred to as pattern ā€œThreeā€, but likely from the same sort of time period.

Thatā€™s also how ā€œSterling Flatware Fashionsā€ lists it, and so too does ā€œReplacements, Ltd.ā€ (although the picture from the latter is rather poor).

View attachment 2134799
View attachment 2134800
The image I posted was found here.
I wasn't positive about the info it gave either. I was just trying to narrow down a possible age of it.

Nice!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back