With all these coins, its hard to say bad day.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all these coins, it's hard to say bad day.

I've been finding a LOT of stuff lately and I am enjoying myself. I can't call this a bad day.

2014 (414).jpg

But, somehow, there's just something missing in my hunts lately, ya know?

2014 (416).jpg2014 (417).jpg

This was the first find in my new place, (new to me).
It was pretty sandy soil but this seems a bit too good to me. I'm thinking
recent drop of an old coin.

Anyway, new place, first hit, I said to myself, Alright! Let's go!! LOL

Then.....nuttin honey. :dontknow:

2014 (415).jpg

Is there such a thing as a token tri-fecta LOL
Boy! That big one sure made the heart go pitty pat for a moment. LOL

2014 (418).jpg2014 (419).jpg

Kinda neat though.

2014 (420).jpg
2014 (421).jpg

Good thing Blingie has been distracted. I've been getting away
with pretty borderline Bling finds. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Upvote 5
A signal rich hunt indeed....looks like you had loads of fun and that is what it is all about !!!

It's not about the value of the pieces found, but the fun and excitement of the hunt. Heck, I still get excited over a modern quarter or just a plain ole' ordinary penny. I'm just happy with getting out of the house and enjoying the weather and getting exercise. Congrats on the finds!!!!!

Nice finds! Bingie is a good sport, he will not bite the hand that feeds him!

I hear ya on the finds though. The blood starts pumping when the detector yells "ring" then you see a "gold" something in the hole! You dig it out, and it turns into a gold colored nip screw cap right before your eyes! Then you wonder if you had dug it out faster if it would have "remained that gold ring" you were told it was!
Then when we lest expect it...GOLD RING!!!! And we are left speechless with our mouths hanging open! Ah! The thrill of the hunt! Gets the blood pump'n faster than a stair master!

Nice stack o' coins to add to the tally!, itd b nice if all our wheats came out looking like that

Maybe if we set our sights low, we can still be happy and excited to find things. I think when this becomes a quest to find only gold or silver, we are setting ourselves up to be disappointed. I would still rather be happy than proud. Just enjoy the day that we are given.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Maybe if we set our sights low, we can still be happy and excited to find things. I think when this becomes a quest to find only gold or silver, we are setting ourselves up to be disappointed. I would still rather be happy than proud. Just enjoy the day that we are given

I already do that, pretty much always have been that way. But, if I don't admit to the slightest of annoyance/disappointment/frustration at the umpteenth zincoln/pulltab. Well, I'd be lying. There's a risk in that way of thinking too, if I get frustrated at not finding something "good", and begin to show it a bit. I just might find myself NOT finding them, nor anything else! ;)

Just being human, at least, a little bit. Could be worse, I could be getting 2 pennies for gas rebate like Jeff. ;) LOL

Thanks!

I gotta admit, I think I have diggers ADHD. I attempt a park or public place and after the 3rd crusty zincoln, canslaw, pulltabs and other nonsense, I get easily discouraged/frustrated and say $&*@! This and bail out, looking for that next door to knock on. I accumulated alot of clad last yr, over 100 bucks, and so far this year I only have about 10 dollars in clad. Thats the only true $ I get from the hobby because all my keepers never get sold/traded. I used that clad $ last year to help pay for my trip to San Francisco. I know come county fair time ill rack up at least 40 bucks or so in clad like the past two yrs, maybe if I stop obsessing over my 2014 detecting goals, my clad count may get higher, heck I may even get a shot at some legitimate jewelry. Ive just had an extremely good run of luck lately and cant see myself stopping just yet. Ok that turned into a novel, sorry I hijacked ur thread.......HH!!
Chris

I gotta admit, I think I have diggers ADHD. I attempt a park or public place and after the 3rd crusty zincoln, canslaw, pulltabs and other nonsense, I get easily discouraged/frustrated and say $&*@! This and bail out, looking for that next door to knock on. I accumulated alot of clad last yr, over 100 bucks, and so far this year I only have about 10 dollars in clad. Thats the only true $ I get from the hobby because all my keepers never get sold/traded. I used that clad $ last year to help pay for my trip to San Francisco. I know come county fair time ill rack up at least 40 bucks or so in clad like the past two yrs, maybe if I stop obsessing over my 2014 detecting goals, my clad count may get higher, heck I may even get a shot at some legitimate jewelry. Ive just had an extremely good run of luck lately and cant see myself stopping just yet. Ok that turned into a novel, sorry I hijacked ur thread.......HH!!
Chris

Heck, with a run like yours, I don't think I'd step into a park either, lol.

fun diggin ,sounds like a good day to me.Looks to me like might be a good place for that gold chain or ring.

Ok that turned into a novel, sorry I hijacked ur thread.......HH!!
Chris

Naw! You can't hijack one of my posts. They're not mine. I just typed on a screen like everyone else. :)
After I submit, it belongs to the site and however they want to use it.

About that concentration though, I tend to be just the opposite. Once I start hunting a site for the day, I don't even
plan on going anywhere else. I'm there to stay. At least for the day. I've found that I do better that way. The scattergun effect
just doesn't work well for me.

I'm enjoying and that's enough. But, I got into this hobby to find old silver coins. Done very well on that too over the years. But, I'm just a lil
disappointed when I go for months and not find one. Just not happening, but, I know that comes in runs too. One lil silver coin and my entire day
is made. LOL

With all these coins, it's hard to say bad day.

Like you, I went to a new site today. Don't think it had been hunted in quite some time ( if ever ). I walked away with a little less than $5 in clad and one 58 wheat that looked like it had just been dropped recently even though it was 3-4 inches down. This place used to be a football field but is now a baseball/soccer field with one upright goal left from the football days. No silver coins or jewelry but I enjoyed the day. My battery money is adding up anyway, lol.

One lil silver coin and my entire day
is made. LOL

I get like that like " oh yeah silver saved the day" as if a day out detecting w/o silver was such a bad thing that needed "saving", lol I just obsess over finding silver and sharing my stories here:thumbsup:

looks like you had a pretty good hunt, I love finding tokens and any kind of ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back