Wish me luck!

Mine is about 3/4 swamp. Squishy and wet type swamp. Rescue squad and police and more to extract a former neighbor out of her sinking , type swamp.
Pig in a poke no one seemed to care to keep it type. Taxes defaulted on by one or more owners ect. Wetlands are protected, so what good is it to investors? (I know I know. )

I write "mine" but like any , it's more just a caretaking event of some ground until the next owner.
I met and got to know a bit about the now deceased 4th previous owner who owned most of the section at one time. Most of the dry ground was cattle pasture or corn at times after it was cleared.
Doesn't look it today!

I like swamps, cypress brakes, and bottomland overflow hardwoods. Ain't many trees more majestic than old cypress. That's why I stayed in this corner of Arkansas.

Good luck on your purchase. We moved from the city 31 yrs ago to a house on 6 acres in a remote part of county with a low population. County seat has 4,000. Closest town has 500. No regrets at all. It’s more expensive living in the country but well worth it.

I like swamps, cypress brakes, and bottomland overflow hardwoods. Ain't many trees more majestic than old cypress. That's why I stayed in this corner of Arkansas

Hi All! Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Waiting on a call back regarding an application I have in for a USDA loan to purchase some property that I'm drooling over!

May I ask... please say a prayer to the universe for me or whomever you believe in! I've been trying to get a place like this for years that my kids and I can get back to a way of life I was brought up with. Unplugged.

There's a fully furnished trailer on the property that's in liveable condition (even had a deviled egg tray in the cabinet!). If I can land this, I'd like to have a small home built with a Mennonite barn as they are all over the area I'm looking to be in. The kicker- ready?? Close to 20 acres of UNTOUCHED hard wood property. It's never been farmed, logged, fracked or touched at all! When I toured it, it was everything I've ever wanted! There was even a GIANT raspberry patch someone had definitely planted a long time ago, almost a quarter acre of black raspberry, raspberry, elderberry and mint. (Guessing it was to keep deer away from the berries?) Then to my absolute delight- noticed a strange big circular structure built in the ditch- realtor had no idea...I did! It is a fish catch- was curious if salmon run but did some research of the area and it's trout! A creek runs through the property and they must spawn in this little section where there's a waterfall when full.

Being a single Mom, and working full time- I've struggled for years for two things- to put my kids through college or trade school, and a little piece of land to be able to leave them when it's my time to return to the earth. Now that college is around the corner for my daughter, and I'm two years away from 40- it's time to start getting some equity!

....and it's never been metal detected 😁😁😁....or treasure hunted....or relic...or anything!! The history of this area is rich and I did some digging to who lived there all the way to the original plot before it was subdivided.

With that said, you all have been so supportive and I know this will be a request well received!⭐💪🤞

Thinking of you all and wishing everyone the best finds!! Fingers crossed......🍁🍁🍁
Hey all, thank you so much for your awesome support!!! I appreciate all the wonderful messages!

Update is...no go- unfortunately it wasn't able to happen but this property will make someone very very happy and something will come along again. I'm disheartened but there's more opportunities eventually.

What great conversation stirred and learned quite a bit from you! Loved chatting and reading your responses.

Have a fantastic Wednesday and find some trinkets! 🪙

I wish you the best of luck in closing your deal. You mentioned the land has never been fracked. Imagine, while acquiring the property (during your period of Due Diligence) you found you will also receive the property's mineral rights-- and then you found oil !!
Don in SoCal

Hello lady.... Well damn I was hoping to follow this thread right up to you getting it...! I happen to live high on a ridgetop here in Middle TN. I love living here surrounded by oak trees and all the critters. It sounded like you would have truly enjoyed that piece of property. I put out corn daily to watch the deer and turkey come in and eat. Well it sounds like you know what you want and I truly hope you find it lady..... Best of luck to ya.... Brad

Hey all, thank you so much for your awesome support!!! I appreciate all the wonderful messages!

Update is...no go- unfortunately it wasn't able to happen but this property will make someone very very happy and something will come along again. I'm disheartened but there's more opportunities eventually.

What great conversation stirred and learned quite a bit from you! Loved chatting and reading your responses.

Have a fantastic Wednesday and find some trinkets! 🪙
That's a bummer, ny makes it hard on us here to own anything. Good luck and hope the next one goes better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back