White's MXT
Garrettt ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I could read the serial number which was 131407...so it
2024-06-19 001.JPG
was made in 1863-64

Upvote 31
Thanks for the replies everybodyand I agree wish it could talk..the barrel was full of sand, cleaned it out and the rifling's are still in great shape..

Very nice recovery.
Wonder what happened to the rest of the pistol.
Just my guess....soldier riding a horseback or in a wagon in this rough country and some-how the barrel wedge came lose from the cylinder rod and slipped out the bottom of his holster...

Was that one of the old style revolvers that would have to be packed with grease so they don’t chain fire? Or were those the earlier models?

This is most likely something you already did but I would do some more looking near to where you found the piece in the pic It could have been moved for where you found the first part And could still be there but not in the same spot Nice piece of history and good luck Lighting does strike in the same spot once in a while

Neat find! If it were mine, would be tempted to carve the missing parts from wood, put the two pieces together and display it. I did that with a cap gun once, but it was much smaller and simpler (an automatic with slab side handles).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back