Winter finally loosing its grip

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Winter finally loosing it's grip

Nate and I got out a couple times. Once to the 'berg (Nate already posted his finds from this outing) and once yesterday.

I found a Merc, a Marble, a Buff and twenty wheats at the 'berg. My favorite find was this 1926 Buffalo Nickel. Not the best shape but at least it has a clear date.

BuffaloCloseup.jpg

Yesterday we had most of our day taken up with Nate's Cleveland State orientation. But afterwards we hit a spot I have had my eye on for some time. As we were driving out from Cleveland State we passed a lot of promising looking sites and open lots. Nate tells me “Hey, let's just stop here”. But I stuck with plan A.

We get to the place and start hunting and immediately realize that we are a little underdressed. It was 32 degrees with a stiff wind. Nate goes back to the car to get the winter gloves and I bundle up as much as I can. Only way I could stay warm enough was to hunt walking downwind. But it was worth it. Within 25 minutes we had both dug some old looking stuff and Nate had pulled a Buffalo nickel and some deep wheats. Just after Nate got his Buffalo Nickel I found a Silver War Nickel with two wheats in the same hole. Cool.

AlltheStuffC800.jpg

We hunted some more and since my hands and feet were going numb I told Nate we need to head back to the car. About 30 seconds later I hear Nate yell over to me .... He points to the coin and tells me excitedly that it's either a barber or a seated (you could see the back of the coin in the hole). He gingerly lifts it out of the hole to see ___________! Man, it's been over a year since either of us has found one of those so we were very excited.

Some more pics:

threekeepersback.jpg

Found a lot of keys for such a short hunt(7 total).

AlltheStuffA.jpg

The winter weather has finally loosened it's grip on us here in Cleveland, Ohio. Although not by much. Yesterday as we drove by Lake Erie as far as the eye could see it was icebergs! A lot of the lake is ice free but when you get a steady north wind it pushes all that ice right to the shoreline.

Bob

Upvote 0
Re: Winter finally loosing it's grip

That's a good start Bob. Yep, you better get warmed up for the DFX hunt.

A very good hunt Bob--- :thumbsup:
That's a lot of loot.---WTG

OH YEAH!! :thumbsup:

WTG on a great hunt Bob..I'm glad the weather's starting to change for you..it won't be long til you can hunt to your heart's content without having to get inside to warm up!

I've never found a ___________ before :wink: but someday I hope to know what it feels like to pull one out of the ground!

HH,
Nat

Great collection of wheaties and silver mirage.

Keep the pics coming.

After seeing Nate's Post's I was wondering what happened to ya after you left MM's.Hijacked maybe!!!!.Great find's Mirage,prelude ....

Kas said:

True Ken. Nate's not too sure about Friday & Sat. Sunday yes. Means I have to practice with the DFX. I plan on borrowing the MXT from my mom's friend again...in case Nate comes....

Bob

Mirage said:
Kas said:

True Ken. Nate's not too sure about Friday & Sat. Sunday yes. Means I have to practice with the DFX. I plan on borrowing the MXT from my mom's friend again...in case Nate comes....

Bob
You won't be dissapointed Bob.......MXT is awesome....

Good going, Bob; gotta trust those instincts! Nice finds, and some great looking fingerprints :D. I'll have to check out Nate's post!

civilman1 said:
After seeing Nate's Post's I was wondering what happened to ya after you left MM's.Hijacked maybe!!!!.Great find's Mirage,prelude ....

Yeah, It seems like a long time since MM's hunt.

I used the MXT last year. It's a nice machine. It's similar to the DFX in that you have to dig the deep aluminum stuff. Sometimes that's good. Sometimes it's a pain.

Bob

Icebergs!! Holy sh#* sounds way to cold for me. I was complaining about fifty degrees today.........I guess I'll quit complaining.

Bob,
It looks like plan "A" paid off for you guys. Very nice hunt. Great job on the _________________, and I hope you guys find a lot more
_______________ and ________________. :thumbsup:
-Doug-

Fantastic hunt! We got a couple inches of snow last night but it is getting a little warmer every day!! :)

Ya'll hold on just a little longer! That warmer weather will be there soon. :wink:

GREAT that you two could get out and hunt! Super finds, Bob! I don't think any of the buffalo nickels I've found have had a date. :'( Congrats!

Nana :)

Nice bunch of stuff Bob. Glad the weather is finally starting to cooperate for you. Hope you get out more often.
We got nice temps here...but the rain is relentless. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back