Will this pump/motor work?

You guys should just came out and said you wanted to go "MUCHO EL CHEAPO". :laughing7: :laughing7:

Sorry being from California and might more serious about my dredging, it seems our standards are different.
Have at it and hope you find a whole pile of nuggets.
.... or at least enough to pay for that HF motor.

I am trying to lean away from supporting foreign nations, by buying American only, it is not easy but in the long run will help our nation out of the hole. :thumbsup:

I am trying to lean away from supporting foreign nations, by buying American only, it is not easy but in the long run will help our nation out of the hole. :thumbsup:
[/quote] SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_salut: I buy USA made every chance I get..... But even the imports pay Americans a salary, from the dock workers, the trucking companies, the truck drivers, the warehouse owners. the fork lift operators, the store owners and the store employees. Plus Harbor Freight employs over 8,000 Americans so it's not a total loss. :dontknow:

I'm pretty sure the imports are here to stay no matter what, but I hear ya.
The crooks in Washington are responsible for selling us out by not putting higher tariffs on the imports. >:(

GG~

GG this sums it up for you....(don't pay any attention to that small print then)

buy_american_made_in_china_poster-p228035155702874883tdcp_400.jpg

Support American Manufacturing Jobs (at least what's left and hasn't been sent overseas)

or keep supporting China and watch them as they take the lead.

Gravel Hog said:
GG this sums it up for you....(don't pay any attention to that small print then)
Support American Manufacturing Jobs (at least what's left and hasn't been sent overseas)
or keep supporting China and watch them as they take the lead.

I'm on your side but don't blame me for the mistakes made in Washington.
Trade is what put us in the lead in the first place. Now it's putting us behind. Not my fault!

We're 14 trillion dollars in debt and I've spent less than 20 thousand dollars on imports in my whole life. (not counting imported oil)
Plus I vote against all incumbents.

The US government spends billions annually on imports. (using yours and my taxpayer dollars) put the blame where it is deserved.
Don't blame the lower income American people for having to buy less expensive import items.

If I can buy American made for the same or not much more then I do. But I also have to eat.

GG~

Exactly!!! we're poor from BAD TRADE AGREEMENTS!!!!! We can't afford the good stuff and we can't find a good job but we keep doing the same thing over and over.... same mistakes.

Let the change begin. I have been changing, even simple things like a air filter or pair of jeans or a hand tool....

Make sure that your supporting jobs for the American people (manufacturing not executive)
I would say Vote for change but ALL poiticians want is to line their pockets and get re-elected and everything in-between is LIES.

Sorry for the rant but someone has to speak up. Just wish I didn't have to sit and watch as we sink to the bottom.

Gravel Hog said:
Just wish I didn't have to sit and watch as we sink to the bottom.

You and me both Brother.
I encourage all Americans to read the labels and compare prices. Many times "Made in USA" is cheaper than the import even at Wal-Mart.

prospectordamon said:
http://www.harborfreight.com/portab...gas-engine-and-3-inch-inlet-outlet-95976.html

Looking into building a budget dredge, and if this will work that'll be awesome!

I was going this route in the beginning, but thought about it for a minute. I decided I was in this for the long haul and considering the remoteness of my operations I just couldnt swing any type of performance or breakdown issues (it will literally make or break the whole venture). I clenched my teeth and dished out for the 2 SUBARU engines and pumps by Alan Trees. BUT, if its all you can afford, I would definitely purchase the higher quality stuff as soon as the dredge starts producing. I think if your going no deeper than 3 feet or so youll be okay. Ill be going 7ft+ so i need the high pressure best a luck

jog said:
Gravel Hog said:
Might get by with it on a smaller dredge. How long will it last?

Trash pumps are not even close to the high pressure jetting pump used on dredges.

I bet you can't get any parts for that pump, that includes the pull cord assembly. I would buy a quality brand name not a no name. I know you want to save money but buying a low dollar unit will bite you in the A$$.
I've got two pumps from Harbor Freight, haven't had a problem with them (knocking on wood) my 3" is 2 1/2 years old, used/abused hard. The really good thing is the Chinese that made them copied Honda EXACTLY. A friend had some gasket issues on his & broke a part trying "to fix it ;D) He thought he was screwed but the local lawnmower shop had the parts. So parts aren't an issue.

If you're gonna be Waaaayyy out in the boonies, besides the usual tool roll & extra pull rope, plug etc. Get a set of gaskets, extra gaskets for the hose barbs & some gasket dope. With that in your kit you should be able to fix anything short of catastrophic.

How about these?
http://www.maxtool.com/product/sear...is.htm,DBCOMP=ABS,dbsort=cat4,DB_CAT2=Dpgenor

Click To
Enlarge Photo DuroMax Portable 2'' Water Pump 7.0 Hp. Gasoline Engine
For a Limited Time Get Free Ground Shipping

Move Huge Volumes of Water with this Smooth Running, Easy Starting, Long Lasting Pump
Use to drain a pool in no time, empty a flooded basement, pump out a flooded trench, fill or empty a water storage tank or reservoir, irrigate a field, hose down a construction site, help drain a levy breach & more.

The XP652WP Features:
Durable DuroMax 7.0 Hp. Air cooled gasoline engine w low oil shutoff and idle control.
2'' ID intake & outlet w back flow check valve.
Pump overhead lift: 91 ft.
Suction height: 26 ft.
Gallons per minute: 158 gpm.
.6 gallon fuel cap.
2.4 hour run time on a single tank of gas.
EPA & Carb approved.
Includes:
Intake hose end strainer
Threaded hose ends connectors & clamps
Tool kit w/ plug wrench.

See Suction & Discharge Hose for this Pump

XP652WP 66.00 lbs. $189.99 Qty

Click To
Enlarge Photo DuroMax Portable 3'' Water Pump 7.0 Hp. Gasoline Engine
For a Limited Time Get Free Ground Shipping

Move Huge Volumes of Water with this Smooth Running, Easy Starting, Long Lasting Pump
Use to drain a pool in no time, empty a flooded basement, pump out a flooded trench, fill or empty a water storage tank or reservoir, irrigate a field, hose down a construction site, help drain a levy breach & more.

The XP650WP Features:
Durable DuroMax 7.0 Hp. Air cooled gasoline engine w low oil shutoff and idle control.
3'' ID intake & outlet w back flow check valve.
Pump overhead lift: 91 ft.
Suction height: 26 ft.
Gallons per minute: 220 gpm.
.6 gallon fuel
EPA & Carb approved.
Includes:
Intake hose end strainer
Threaded hose ends connectors & clamps
Tool kit w/ plug wrench

See Suction & Discharge Hose for this Pump

XP650WP 68.00 lbs. $199.99 Qty

I bought mine from max tool . 3" worked good for my needs. It's a lot stronger than the 5hp briggs ,with the keene pump. I run 20' of 3" hose with mine -plus a blaster nozzle,sometimes I even add 20' of 21/2" for getting in tighter cracks . that's 40' of hose .

TO ALL OF OUR AMERICAN MADE PATRONS.

I TOO TRY TO BUY AMERICAN EVERY TIME I CAN. HAVING SAID THAT;
IT'S NOT THE GUY IN THE ENGINE ROOM THAT SINKS THE SHIP, IT'S THE GUY AT THE HELM, THAT HITS THE ICEBERG. BUT EITHER WAY THE GUY IN THE ENGINE ROOM WILL PROBABLY DROWN FIRST.
SOME TIMES A MUTINY IS IN ORDER, WHEN THE CPTN. JUST KEEPS AIMING AT ICEBERGS.

IT'S MY OPINION, AND I COULD BE WRONG.
PROSPECTORMIKEL
:sign13:

HEY HEFTY1,
HAVE YOU GOT AN EXTRA CANDLE?... IT'S DARK AND WET DOWN HERE IN THE ENGINE ROOM!
:help:

I've decided I'm going to buy a Honda gxh50 2.5 hp motor and then buy an hp 100 pump. Can't afford both at once. I'm pretty much copying the Keene 2.5" dredge with good used parts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back