Will mineral values go up now that over $1.93 trillion wiped out from the US stock market so far today?

Will mineral values go up now that over $1.93 trillion wiped out from the US stock market so far today?

Gold is down $40
Silver is down $1.45

Screenshot_20240805_125407_Chrome.jpg

Cash(is King): no change
How can cash be down? Stocks are down when their value, measured in dollars, changes. The dollar's value is always measured in dollars, so it can't be "down" in the same way. if you look at it vs stocks, when stocks are down, the dollar is up (since you can buy more of a stock for a dollar today than you could yesterday).

All that said, having cash is good. Having gold and silver is good. Having stocks? Eh... maybe, but not today.

I hope so. Prices were already downward just before this latest lose in the market. Guess the market is just holding it's breath for a time until theres a better understanding on which direction this world is now heading.

Well this is the reason why this topic thread is posted because no two people are going to have the same viewpoints and information to make the conclusion why the market is reacting the way it is. One conclusion is clear that the dollar no longer has the same purchasing power as say 25 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts deleted for rule violation, please remember no political comments or posts except in our Politics forum.

Posts deleted for rule violation, please remember no political comments or posts except in our Politics forum.
I'm trying to stay away from such comments by asking the question if mineral values are going up or even down?

It might be up 2000 tomorrow

Possible theory :dontknow: of what may be taking place in the stock market:

He believes the yen/carry trade is what’s blowing up the markets.

He estimates the trade is $4 trillion in size and his sources tell him it could be larger and it’s all unwinding.

I Personally Don't think there will be a Major Change .
There will by Minor Dips that will scare Paranoid Investors
That think because they bought in it must only go Up :tongue3:

and 2% means the Sky is Falling :laughing7:

For Instance imo anyone who Buys into Gold at $2400
is Crazy ! If they haven't bought in since $1000
you gotta "Roll with the Changes" & Maybe think about selling at $2000

Prior to election day ,everything goes nuts and speculators cause the Dollar to drop ! It happens every election day !
Here is a 10yr graft of the US dollar and the rate we pay on the dollar. (It doesn't matter what currency that is being used to buy the US dollar)
I don't see this happening in what you stated actually, unless I'm not correctly understanding..

Screen Shot 2024-08-06 at 6.38.01 AM.png

Hmmmm........... I understand it correctly........
One U.S. dollar for two Canadian dollars.

Yep sounds about right.
:P

I Personally Don't think there will be a Major Change .
There will by Minor Dips that will scare Paranoid Investors
That think because they bought in it must only go Up :tongue3:

and 2% means the Sky is Falling :laughing7:

For Instance imo anyone who Buys into Gold at $2400
is Crazy ! If they haven't bought in since $1000
you gotta "Roll with the Changes" & Maybe think about selling at $2000

I, respectfully, disagree.

For starters, it's not likely the number of Federal Reserve Notes [FRN's] required to buy an ounce of precious metal is going down in the future. The antique shop my parents ran in the sixties had a bunch of $5.00 and $10.00 gold coins. At that time, gold was swapping for 35 FRN's. At the time they could have been packed around in someone's pocket, it took 19 FRN's to acquire one.

Today, those just starting to make enough money that they can build security do not have a choice but to gamble they might lose $400.00, or they might have been smart to invest in something that will have value even after Venezuelan money, or U.S. money is left where it fell in the streets. Got to start somewhere, and it isn't going to be the 19 FRNs for an ounce days.

It appears the other CONS at the top of the agent food chain are manipulating asset values. Otherwise, gold might be around 3,000 FRN's, or more.

An example of all this might be said to be, the house with a view of the ships coming and going to Bremerton and from which could see the Space Needle and King Dome [from Bremerton]. I bought it for $21,000.00. People had told me to wait until the market got better. If I just waited a few months, the monthly cost for it would have gone from $157.00 to about $400.00, then $900.00. Today, that place would cost me a quarter million.

Last edited:
:tongue3:

Silver:
$27.99
up
0.51 Gold: $2469.36
up.gif
if it closes at those gains today,
when it drops $5.00 the Buyers will be Crying
and the pessimists will say it's the end of the world :laughing7:

if they spent a million buying at those prices it's their own fault :laughing7:

will be a looooog time before it's a Buyers Market , unless your buying for $500 a troy oz & If you did for $500 . Sell to the fools !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back