troyer16

Jun 16, 2013
new york
Detector(s) used
ace 250/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,
New here and its my second day with my ace 250. It was hitting strong in the $.50-$1 range. about 5 inches deep i find this. take it aside and the detector is still hitting. thought maybe something was inside but it hits on each individual piece. some parts are really shiny. any idea?

Attachments

• 454.jpg
    454.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 94
  • photo34.jpg
    photo34.jpg
    682.9 KB · Views: 116
melted alluminum...can or tin foil

Upvote 0
Troyer16,

WELCOME! No need to apologize for the question...nothing is "basic", it is just something you don't know yet <smile>. We've all asked questions about things that've stumped us personally that a fellow TH'er knows the answer to right off the top of their heads. Shoot, I'd be willing to bet that YOU could, right now, identify something that has another, more experienced, TH'er scratching their heads!

Again, WELCOME and HAPPY HUNTING!

Batch

Upvote 0
absolutely no question is stupid,or too basic!!

Upvote 0
I also have found this very item and have no clue what it is.

Dig until your arm falls off

Upvote 0
Commonly found on beaches or any place camping,especially partying around a fire has taken place

Upvote 0
absolutely no question is stupid,or too basic!!

When I first started detecting local areas around my home , I started finding what looked like puddles of melted solder that rang up as Silver Dollars on my VDI display on the XLT . I showed a few of them to an old farmer who's property I was detecting . LOL , those old farmers LOVE to tell you about Days Gone BY !!!!!! The XLT was as correct as it could be ! Our local area was part of the very first Oil Boom . The solder was used to hold sections of drill pipe together while dropping NITROGLICERIN into the drill hole to break up the rock in the hole . He said if you ever saw an old double barrel shotgun and noticed the shiney silver line between the barrells , it was the same type of STRONG solder that holds the drill pipe joints together . Very cool piece of local history . BTW , here's a very valuable tip for you , older citizens are a fantastic source of information about the way or location of things & places that are no longer here . They love to tell you what they remember and will enjoy telling you as much as you will enjoy gathering new potencial detecting sites .A lot of older folks are walking , talking history books ......:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back