Who would wear this?And how old could it be?

snakeitg

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2008

Attachments

• ring2 001.JPG
    ring2 001.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 688
Re: Who would wear this?

Hope you don't mind, but I cropped and enlarged your image a bit :)

That is one ugly ring? Is it a ring? Is that suppose to be Jesus?

Nice find though! :thumbsup:
Annmarie

Attachments

• index5.jpg
    index5.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0

Yes,it is a ring.I will post a picture of it on its side.

Attachments

• ring2 003.JPG
    ring2 003.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 679
Upvote 0

Are there any types of markings inside? I've never seen a ring like that before. It appears to be an image of Jesus on it, to me anyways.

Still a nice find. Wish I could help more, but I have no idea about it...but with the vast knowledge of folks on here, someone is bound to know!
Annmarie

Upvote 0

No,there are no markings on it.I also thought the face might be jesus.

Upvote 0

Boy! If either mastereagle or baldingboy had that,they would wear it and make the other one kneel and kiss it before they started on a night hunt.

(Nice find,snakeitg)

Upvote 0

Good find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, Strange ring :o :o, Probably does have some kinda of meaning,, Tony

Upvote 0

Don't think it is supposed to be Jesus. Looks like a piece of Egyptian Revival jewelry from the 19th century.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old_Okie

Upvote 0

Ebay it! Say it has image of Jesus on it. It'll bring some big CHRISTmas bucks. ;D......NGE

Upvote 0

Old_Okie said:
Don't think it is supposed to be Jesus. Looks like a piece of Egyptian Revival jewelry from the 19th century.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old_Okie

That was my initial thought....but I still think it's an image of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart said:
Well I am sure that when the ring was new it was not so ugly Ron and Ann. Its darker now but would have been shiny and bright, especially with the stones. Pity its not made out of gold, then they would be diamonds and everyone would praise you much more. I am not sure if its not silver, but very tarnished. I have seen so many patina's on silver, it depends upon the soil conditions. If silver it could be diamonds in any case.

I am also not sure about the face being Jesus, it looks more like to me an English king, like those on the English silver coins....But could be wrong with everything also!

Upvote 0

Old_Okie said:

I agree.

Upvote 0
Well that's not something you'd give at a Bar Mitzvah.

Upvote 0
Looks like he has a broken nose :wink: Also where the nose looks broken off the metal almost looks like what I would call "pot" metal. Maybe it is just how it looks.

Nice drooping Mustache........

I don't think Jesus, but will go along with Middle Eastern perhaps and not too old of a ring, late 1800's at best.

Don

Attachments

• ringtnet.jpg
    ringtnet.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back