WHO SAID- A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND?

Pip, I highly recommend you stop talking down to members on this forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
ok...I play your silly game...
where in any foundation document does it declare the united states of America a constitutional republic?

come on right wing nut scholars.

I answered your challenge, I showed you where in constitution Republic is. Still waiting for you to show us where it says democracy in Constitution.

Last edited:
if you don't believe in demoracy...MOVE.

I am not a democrat...your perversion needs to believe that to make the ill founded logic work.
Why should I move? I believe in what this country is...a Constitutional Republic. If you want to live in a democracy, you're the one that should move...you're living in the wrong country. And, you are a democrat. You can call yourself whatever you want, but your behavior is what it's all about. And any thinking person can see by your posts that a democrat is what you are. Or maybe a better term would be rino.
Jim

jeeez, who's in charge of this forum? I type 85 word dissertations and they get kicked to the curb because they don't meet the "3" character minimum.

Anyway, let's call it a "representative republic". One where the elected representatives of the people get to do the electors bidding.

Ergo, The Affordable HealthCare Act of 2010 was passed by both houses of the elected representatives of the people (after much wailing and gnashing of teeth)

The Affordable HealthCare Act of 2010 was then reviewed by the United States Supreme Court which is appointed by the representative of the people elected to the office of the Presidency. It passed their review (after much wailing and gnashing of teeth)

The Affordable HealthCare Act of 2010 was then signed into law by the duly elected representative of the citizens to the office of President of the United States. (wailing and gnashing of teeth continues unabated)

I would be of the mind that more attention should have been paid to the appointment to the presidency of the United States by the USSC was more damaging than healthcare ever could be.

I would also put forth the notion that allowing unlimited campaign contributions to any candidate for office to be nothing but masked bribery and more damaging to the "representative republic" than healthcare ever could be.

What do you guys think?

Can we sing a rendition of "this land is your land, this land is my land", before we start telling each other to leave?

clearly some people have immovable agendas to support...
minds are like parachutes....

Kinda like the global warming scam.

I do find that lack of foresight of a lot of people a little distressing. I also find it hilarious that the libs are quite wiling to use the COTUS to support what they want and use it to wipe their behinds when it is something they don't want.

Case in point:

One of the things in the COTUS that was used to push ACA through was the phrase "promote the General Welfare". Ok, I can roll with that. So lets apply that same mentality and logic to another phrase, "provide for the Common Defense". Now using that same mentality and logic used to pass the ACA, we can look forward to, given the right mindset in the gov't, forced conscription in the military and the requirement that ALL people would be required to own a military grade firearm and ammunition, whether they like it or not.

These are the dangers of wanting something for nothing. Often times you get a lot more than bargained for.

jeeez, who's in charge of this forum? I type 85 word dissertations and they get kicked to the curb because they don't meet the "3" character minimum.

Anyway, let's call it a "representative republic". One where the elected representatives of the people get to do the electors bidding.

Ergo, The Affordable HealthCare Act of 2010 was passed by both houses of the elected representatives of the people (after much wailing and gnashing of teeth)

The Affordable HealthCare Act of 2010 was then reviewed by the United States Supreme Court which is appointed by the representative of the people elected to the office of the Presidency. It passed their review (after much wailing and gnashing of teeth)

The Affordable HealthCare Act of 2010 was then signed into law by the duly elected representative of the citizens to the office of President of the United States. (wailing and gnashing of teeth continues unabated)

I would be of the mind that more attention should have been paid to the appointment to the presidency of the United States by the USSC was more damaging than healthcare ever could be.

I would also put forth the notion that allowing unlimited campaign contributions to any candidate for office to be nothing but masked bribery and more damaging to the "representative republic" than healthcare ever could be.

What do you guys think?

Can we sing a rendition of "this land is your land, this land is my land", before we start telling each other to leave?
I think you're right about the contributions. There's no way that the amount of money you have should be an issue in the amount of political clout each of us has. The Supreme Court really fell down on that decision.
On the healthcare law...the right of the "house" to decide what gets funded is also part of the political process, and has to be dealt with. The founding fathers did that deliberately to make it difficult for the government to pass laws. They didn't trust the government, so did everything they could to force it to be small, and have little impact on people's lives...unfortunately we the people are in the process of destroying what they accomplished.
Jim

where in any foundation document does it declare the united states of America a constitutional republic?

Well, it used to be a Constitutional Republic, but now it's a Constitutional monarchy...

Last edited:
The BOcare was passed by the house and senate by 1 party and alot of trickery and bribery. With much wailing and gnashing of teeth by them. It was fought on false pretenses in front of SCOTUS. The Chief Justice seems to have been compromised and changed the wording of the penalty phrasing to a tax, making it semi legal, and ignoring that taxes do not start in the senate.

clearly some people have immovable agendas to support...
minds are like parachutes....

I took your challenge and showed we are a Republic under a Constitution and that our Constitution guaranteed in writing every state a republican form of government, still waiting on you to show where Constitution says anything about it being a democracy.

I took your challenge and showed we are a Republic under a Constitution and that our Constitution guaranteed in writing every state a republican form of government, still waiting on you to show where Constitution says anything about it being a democracy.

I saw a few posts where pip was saying that everyone in the world was deluded except him. I sure would like to see the proof he has.

"the United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government" (Article IV, Section 4).

Last edited:
latest seems to indicate GOP will get it's way, at least as far as cutting spending. but at least my 401k can get back to growing..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back