The_Pro

Oct 13, 2017
Middle East
Detector(s) used
OKM and MineLab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMG_20180411_164429.png

Looks like Thoth, seeing the whole panel would be able to to give a better ID, particularly what is above the head is important.

This is Augustus offering wines to Thoth and Tefnut, you can see the similarities there.
Augustus offering wine to Gods.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you in Iran? Looks Persian.:skullflag:

Upvote 0
Come on, Rutentuten old kid. You're going places. Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

Upvote 0
Two screenshots of what's above his head.

View attachment 1576703

View attachment 1576705

He is wearing 3 crowns the red and white crowns of lower and upper egypt known as the Pschent and the blue crown, which is a war crown, with the serpent in the front. That really doesnt narrow it down much, generally the entirety of the piece would need to be seen to put it into context. The presence of all 3 crowns would likely indicate this carving is either a pharoah engaged in battle, or a group of deities.

Upvote 0
Who do you think the carving depicts? You apparently at least know the current country it resides in.

King Darius had a bigger nose (and Persians are usually shown with a beard. I think even the women). ;-)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am inclined to think this is Cyrus the Great. The location is within the Persian geography shown in the map I posted earlier. I can't be sure at all, as he looks like Pharoahs as well, and the location also permits that.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back