Who is She? How old is She? Whats her story? NEED YOUR HELP!

Wheels

Jul 31, 2006

Attachments

• girlbronze1.jpg
    girlbronze1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 110
  • girlbronze2.jpg
    girlbronze2.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 95
  • girlbronze3+.jpg
    girlbronze3+.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 102
  • girlstatueinside.jpg
    girlstatueinside.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 93
  • girlbronze3.jpg
    girlbronze3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 105
l swear she told me she was 18:tongue3:" rockhound.", could be a cemetery marker? As in Headstone?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The person that I bought the statue from is a much older man; I'm 50. He tells me many stories that connect her to Ellis Island, but I always felt not to believe everything you hear. So I've been searching for the facts. I have other people searching for an answer, but so far - NO real facts. She is dressed to the peroid (1890-1920), little immigrant girls only grabbed what they could - it was their rag doll... check out some of the pictures. To me she looks like a confused immigrant girl who might had lost her parents. I don't know the true stroy, that's why I'm putting hear out there; without telling the story that I heard, and see what other people can come up with. Who knows I might be looking in the wrong place.

What makes you think the statue's at all connected with Ellis Island? Where did you get the statue? What's the backstory?[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0
To my eye the word(s) are "? Head 1/20 ". I've tried searching for a sculptor named "Head" but it is nearly impossible as every search comes up with millions of hits.

My first impression was that this piece is a topper from a child's grave marker. Older cemeteries have had a problem in recent years of people stealing the fancy markers and selling them as "art".

LET ME BE PERFECTLY CLEAR!!! I am NOT accusing anyone. I am simply making an observation.

DCMatt

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back