Whites TreasureMaster...not so impressed

UtahWrangler

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's TreasureMaster...not so impressed

I took my new TM out for the first time for roughly 4hrs today. First impression, it ain't all that fun to use. The heavy coil and cable makes the machine oddly balanced.....just doesn't feel right. The earphone jack being located on the right hand side is annoying...I didn't think it would be, but it is. I didn't notice the lack of tension knob being an issue...seemed sturdy, not shaky/loose feeling. The machine performed well enough, but it just wasn't fun to swing. I honestly believe I would have been better off buying another F2 like the wife's....now that's a fun machine to swing. I'm not kidding when I say, the cable used for that coil is ridiculous! It's like a damn jumper cable! Seriously, the machine feels all wrong to me.

Anyway, I'll keep whacking the grass tips and sand fleas with it until they offer a smaller coil...and cable. Or, maybe I'll bench it and swing my 6000di pro sl with 5.3 bullseye...it actually is more comfortable and balanced, and it shouldn't be!

FWIW...which is free.

Happy hunting

Last edited:
I took my new TM out for the first time for roughly 4hrs today. First impression, it ain't all that fun to use. The heavy coil and cable makes the machine oddly balanced.....just doesn't feel right. The earphone jack being located on the right hand side is annoying...I didn't think it would be, but it is. I didn't notice the lack of tension knob being an issue...seemed sturdy, not shaky/loose feeling. The machine performed well enough, but it just wasn't fun to swing. I honestly believe I would have been better off buying another F2 like the wife's....now that's a fun machine to swing. I'm not kidding when I say, the cable used for that coil is ridiculous! It's like a damn jumper cable! Seriously, the machine feels all wrong to me.

Anyway, I'll keep whacking the grass tips and sand fleas with it until they offer a smaller coil...and cable. Or, maybe I'll bench it and swing my 6000di pro sl with 5.3 bullseye...it actually is more comfortable and balanced, and it shouldn't be!

FWIW...which is free.

Happy hunting

I really had the opposite first impression of the Treasure Pro and the D2 coil. When I have tried the D2 on other detectors, I found it to be heavy and hard to swing. I was just not all that impressed with that particular coil. On the Treasure Pro, I have had the opposite impression. The D2 coil feels really nice on the TPro and doesn't wear me out trying to swing it. It is a little big to use in some of my trashier areas but overall it performs nicely. I hope to have a smaller coil by the weekend and if I do, I am going to make some videos while hunting with it to give folks an ideal of how it does. I don't see the TPro replacing my MX5 as my primary machine but it will definitely be the one I carry around with me in the car for quick lunch hunts and scouting. I had a 6000 di Pro sl and that sucker is a beast especially with the C batteries. I used C to AA adapters and AA rechargables in mine and it helped considerably. Those old analogs are still very good machines !! Hope you have better luck with the TM on future hunts.

I can't speak to the DD coil that comes with the TM Pro, I have the TM. As for the 6000di pro sl, when I use the 5.3 bullseye coil, the machine still has a nice balance and though it's heavier, the balance makes it more of a pleasure to swing. The TM is poorly balanced with that big coil and rediculous coil cable. Seriously, have you ever seen a cable like that on a metal detector? It really is like a car battery cable. I'm hoping White's will create more coil options. A small sniper coil would be nice and I'd buy one. Enjoy the TM Pro....hope you score some nice finds.

I can't speak to the DD coil that comes with the TM Pro, I have the TM. As for the 6000di pro sl, when I use the 5.3 bullseye coil, the machine still has a nice balance and though it's heavier, the balance makes it more of a pleasure to swing. The TM is poorly balanced with that big coil and rediculous coil cable. Seriously, have you ever seen a cable like that on a metal detector? It really is like a car battery cable. I'm hoping White's will create more coil options. A small sniper coil would be nice and I'd buy one. Enjoy the TM Pro....hope you score some nice finds.

Whites makes a 4X6 Shooter coil for the Prizm/Coinmaster series which will work on the TM. I also just purchased a NEL Sharpshooter and it's great. I love the TPro and have been using it a lot since I got the Sharpshooter.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out!

Hello, just wanted to say that I recently purchased the White's TreasurePRO for my Wife and 12 yr old Son to use. They and I absolutely love this machine! (I use the White's V3i, but would not hesitate to use this machine at any site myself!)
It comes with the 10" DD coil, 8 tones, several hunting programs, backlight, color display and lot's more!
Relevant to the price, it's features/power, and weight (2.5lbs I think) ...a home run in my opinion!
Anyway...hoping the TreasureMaster works out for you...a solid detector as well! GH

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back