Whites Treasure Pro OR Garretts Ace 400?

Joe6714

Dec 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 1
I would also spend a little extra and get a Garrett AT pro.

First of all, I would think about just what sort of hunting you'll be doing, and under what conditions. Then, fit your choice to your budget first and then to the dreams.

If you can afford the AT-Pro, it will give you a lot of versatility. Still, some detectors work better than others in different circumstances. Try to determine what you will be doing and then see what might be best for you.

Does anyone in your area have a machine? If so check with them and see what they say.

Thanks for the replys!
I will be mostly doing land hunting.

Due to health reasons I can't get into the water, so I only land hunt. I got the Garrett AT Pro and love the fact it is waterproof. After I go on a hard dirty hunt the Pro is covered in dirt and a simple hosing and soapy cloth bring it back to looking new. Also been caught in the rain a few times and didn't have to worry about it getting wet.

You know, I also recommend the AT Pro for all of the above reasons. The only drawback?...if you don't like metal detecting, then you are out $600 instead of $350. However, you can recoup the difference easily on resale. Take care of the machine and she'll take care of you.

aj

Joe6714 I agree go with the AT Pro if you can afford it - has a learning curve & also has manual ground balancing.

Texas ED

Joe, you listed 2 nice mid-entry level detectors. I'd look on craigslist and see what is available. Let someone else take the depreciation loss. Where about's are you from?

Joe, you listed 2 nice mid-entry level detectors. I'd look on craigslist and see what is available. Let someone else take the depreciation loss. Where about's are you from?
I live in Kansas and have been watching ebay at the used Whites Mxt all pro...I see they are going for $500 or 6..there are so many detectors that
I dont want to mistake..the MXT all pro looks good too.Again..thanks everyone for your opinions!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back