Which magazine is best ?

I like ICMJ's Prospecting and Mining Journal. Caters to the pros so I can fantasize I'm hanging with the big dogs.

I like W&E Treasures.

many of our members have been in it over the years.

They're all junk. If you are new, they might be interesting for a year. After that it's just pretty pictures and ads because they run the same articles over and over and over.

American Digger is my favorite. Loaded with nice color pictures and great stories on all types of hunting.

They sooner or later become like a skipping record saying the same thing over and over.

Western and Eastern Treasures! Great publication! I like articles that give "how to" information and tips rather than just all stories. Sure, it is nice to see great finds but articles that give information on how to improve your skills is most beneficial. That's just me.

Just wanted to make sure RJ didn't say playgirl

Gary1963:

I realize I'm going to sound like one of those old timers who talk about how much better it all was "Back In The Day" - but if you can get your hands on any of the newspapers written and published by "Karl von Mueller" - The National Prospector's Gazette (and Treasure Hunter's News) or The Exanimo Express - they will open your eyes! There simply isn't anything available today that came close to those.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Don't laugh, but True West or Wild West used to tell me not only history(some even correct), but show locations and pics of stuff from Texas to California that turned into fertile find areas pretty often. There was lots on private property, but being an educator they most often let me hunt and we divided the goodies. I was young then and my dream Jeff-Gordon was to pose for Playgirl Magazine. Didn't work out because my tummy stuck out further than, well, you know...

Oh great! Now I'll retire tonight after reading of the Jeff Gordon fold out, and Austin's gut hiding his toes.
Lol Ray
I

W & E Treasures and Lost Treasure. KVM is the Dean of TH'ing. A lot of info in his writings.

Is there one publication that stands out above the rest, for treasure hunters or is it a matter of preference?

TreasureNet, a new issue every day...

TreasureNet, a new issue every day...

Yes I'll have to agree. I subscribed to Lost Treasure ( hope that's legal ) and it's a little stale after using Tnet. The forum is always changing and new news comes out instantly!!!

Any and all Treasure magazines are best. Like metal detecting, searching the net, maps, etc., you sometimes find a jewel!
Peace

I like W&E Treasures.

many of our members have been in it over the years.

I must agree with Jeff on W&ET mag. The best issue ever came out in May 2012. It's this one here.
No, that is not Brad Pitt on the cover, it is me. :tongue3:
American Digger is a great mag too. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 91
As above Western Eastern Treasures is on the top of my list. The older mags from the late 60s up are a goldmine of good info. Makes me long for the good ole days when you could find wheat's & silver with a BFO or TR with no discrimination. If you see the old magazines at the bookstore / thrift shop grab em up! The information you can pick up is worth it's weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back