Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where's spring???

I am loosing my mind here. It's still deep snow and ice everywhere. I looked at find photos from last year and it was clear ground by early March at least. It has got warmer but nothing much to help. Another 20cm of snow coming in a couple days. I have a two month busy season coming and two weeks so it's almost game over for me this spring. Hope not to many other people are still in the same situation as me this year! [emoji31]

I guess I'll have to start night hunting in the summer...lol
This is all you'll see in the fields...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428067751.939077.jpg
[emoji2]

Hang in there guys the Spring thaw is slowly headed your way, once it starts it is rapid.

The ground cover of the nasty white stuff has mostly disappeared from here, the plowed snow mountains are mostly snow hills. All thanks to the past four days of 40+ temps and some rain, yesterday was the real bonus melt day, it hit 50 with sunshine that "stuff" was practically running away! Lol!

Today is supposed to hit 60 but no sun. I saw 2 Robins this morning so the week of rain we are about to get, makes perfect sense! lol! Maybe that I'll wash away the rest of the awful winter and completely thaw the ground! Then finally maybe some detecting can happen.....if I remember how?

I'm still looking for spring!!!
Hurry up please. [emoji27]

Yep, out early this morning and seems more like Jan., except there is too much snow! And day to day it just does not change.

I took a drive yesterday and noticed a couple of pairs of geese looking for nesting areas around the river; woke up this morning to a robin on the lawn( yeah right, lawn- grassy patch in the snow!!)
It's coming!

We got two more inches of snow on Easter Sunday.

MAKE IT STOP!

We didn't have Spring down here in Florida...we jumped straight into Summer...weve been in the 80s since the first of March.

Oklahoma jumped straight from winter to summer too. Early March I was putting chains on my fire truck, 2 weeks later it was 88.

Last edited:
Relic hunting is done for me this season. Farmers are planting fields, and the creepy crawlies are in the woods. Damn sure don't want to step over a log right on top of a Cottonmouth, Copperhead, or a fat rattlesnake! Anyways, I'm sure I'll be drooling over your finds after your snow melts.

Relic hunting is done for me this season. Farmers are planting fields, and the creepy crawlies are in the woods. Damn sure don't want to step over a log right on top of a Cottonmouth, Copperhead, or a fat rattlesnake! Anyways, I'm sure I'll be drooling over your finds after your snow melts.

That would be rough. No poisonous creatures here at all. Worst i get is ticks, black flies and Mosquitos. But crazy amounts of them sometimes. I'd take some bugs right now over this snow. Getting 10+ cm right now as I'm typing this on top of what's already still down! [emoji30]

Just comparing some photos from a year ago to this morning of the snow and the ice on the bay. It's a little behind right now, and it was the 3rd week of April before the water was completely open.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back