When i am Magnet fishing i use

A 1500 pound pull Magnet. The ones i have are about 4 inches in dia. The attachment loop is on one side of the magnet in the center. Now what i do is take a 20 ounce plastic coke bottle and zip tie it to the Magnet loop. Then i adjustr the amount of water in the bottle so when i bump my rope it walks down river about 1 to 2 feet staying flat tol the bottom I can drop my magnet straight down and walk it down rivers :) It really works great :) if i cAN GET TO MY BARN I WILL take pictures of it when i feel better. I do NOT have to throw it down river and i can send it where EVER I WANT !!!
Man what a great idea! I'm gonna try of course.................

Has anyone else tried the coke bottle ? Please give us feed back

This magnet is 5 inches across the face. As you can see i squeezed some air out of the bottle to control buoyancy It works great try it and please report back. At first i added water then thought why not just remove some air.
Thank you Gare. I'm 69 years old. Just ordered a Brute magnet kit. I will report when I receive it. I do believe this hobby will hold my interest.

Thank you Gare. I'm 69 years old. Just ordered a Brute magnet kit. I will report when I receive it. I do believe this hobby will hold my interest.
I sure wish you the best of luck :)

Keep up the reports as you have adventures. I have been into the MFishing several years and 1200 is my biggest. I use it with care cuz it is very easy to get it stuck of a flat metal surface and very hard to remove. Use care around bridge legs and such.
i GOT MINE STUCK ON A BRIDGE ONCE. i WENT HOME AND GOT 300 FEET Aof rope and went back tied it to my car and pulled the magnet off. I said rope but i use parachute cord

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back