Whatta' You Think ? His First time holding a detector ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or am I doing it wrong with a Large coil & Slowly Walking ? not Jogging ?
I also wait till I'm out the Apartment & On the Beach to Turn My detector on :laughing7:

I Gave up after 6:59 & Posted this :dontknow:

Metal Detecting in Myrtle Beach, SC - random girls in bikinis won't leave me alone!​

Trying to livestream Metal Detect in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with my Minelab Equinox 800 and GoPro Hero 10 Black.Using my phone's mobile Hotspot to create a livestreaming video and random girls in bikinis won't stop approaching me to strike up conversations.

I Think he also said he has a find in Face book ?
What ever it was, I'm sure it's in Mint Condition :coffee2:

of course, Maybe this is a Comedy bit ???

Last edited:
Upvote 3
It seems there's been quite a bit of trash-talking directed at a YouTube content creator, and I'd like to share my perspective on this. From what I saw, all he did was walk by people on a public beach, and he didn't even get close to anyone. I'm not sure why so many are criticizing him. Is it acceptable to harass and bash someone just because a thread was started by Jeff from PA? Jeff, you're a super moderator, but in this case, it looks like all you did was give this guy more views.

If you didn't like the video, the best thing to do would have been to not post it here at all. I've seen a lot of sour comments, but when I check the view count, it's clear he's gained attention—likely because of the discussion here. I'm still struggling to understand what he did wrong. If you don't like a video, don't watch it. If you really dislike a content creator, you can always block them, and YouTube won't suggest their content to you.

As for the criticism about not digging, maybe there were simply no signals to dig. That happens sometimes. What do you expect him to do while streaming? Fake digs or stay silent? It seems this was just a stream that he reposted, so perhaps those judging should consider getting their own gear and making videos themselves.

Regarding his channel name, it seems like nitpicking to bash it. The video title was meant to be a joke to attract clicks. Some people might not have found it funny, but others did, and it's clear some were disappointed because they expected what the title implied.

I'd also like to remind everyone that TreasureNet's TOS emphasizes the need to be polite, respectful, and civil in discussions. This kind of behavior could be seen as a violation. It's important to maintain a positive and constructive community, and that includes how we talk about others, even if we don’t agree with or like their content. (@jeff of pa).
It's a crap video.
Misleading title deserves banishment from the web.
You like misleading titles?

Let's go detecting. And set up a wireless hotspot? That's detecting?
And how about the bikini girls that wouldn't leave him alone? Did you loose count too?

"I'm in trouble". No he wasn't in trouble. But he was an ass. To non-detectorists on the beach and who knows who else in the process.
Hey maybe it's his private beach and he simply neglected to tell the viewers?

That doesn't represent anything about metal detecting I would see posted on the internet.
It doesn't exactly polish the code of ethics among the community and those beyond either.

Go ahead , defend his actions and or the crap video.. I'll condone them still.

TreasureNet's TOS emphasizes the need to be polite, respectful, and civil in discussions.
WOW !! Don't go to the Political forum, they trash talk anyone who doesn't agree with them ... Name calling and belittling .....

jyt2017 - "all he did was walk by people on a public beach, and he didn't even get close to anyone. "​

Heh... Man.... all i can tell you is IF YOUR ARE in normal voice talking distance to someone....
YOU ARE WAY TOO CLOSE.

In a beach setting,,,, IMO and the way i have been taught by the elders... you are invading someone's personal space.
Just because you can do it... DOES NOT mean... you should do it.

Have some frigging respect for others and don't assume they want you around them.
Just because some are friendly / kosher about it does NOT MEAN everyone is.

If i were just laying around and OR just enjoying the beach walking or shelling or whatever...
Last thing i would want is some knucklehead digging around me...
AND I AM A METAL DETECTORIST ! ! !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back