whats your digger of choice?

Re: what's your digger of choice?

I ordered my predator on line at predatortools.com, I 've got the Model 58 Little Eagle.
when I first bought it I used to remove a rotted 6 x 6 post and I hit a sprinkler line right beside it, I didn't know I hit it until the hole started to fill up with water. This thing is sharp and strong

Sniffer said:
I ordered my predator on line at predatortools.com, I 've got the Model 58 Little Eagle.
when I first bought it I used to remove a rotted 6 x 6 post and I hit a sprinkler line right beside it, I didn't know I hit it until the hole started to fill up with water. This thing is sharp and strong
oh my! wet mess. i hit a 240v. cable with my knife. just a minor nick. asked the owner what he wanted done. he said just some 100% silicone on the cut. i fixed it, wrapped it with water tight tape and gave him a nice barber quarter i dug.

when I hit the line, the system was off. no pressure, whew, I went to Lowes, bought the parts I needed, had it fixed and back in service in about 30 minutes

Sniffer

I have a couple of store bought diggers, but this one is my favorite.
It was hand made (not by me).

digger3.jpg

I have been using it since about 1994. It have yet to bend it or brake it :)

TW

Predator Tools are a company of George Lesche. A Lesche is a Predator.

I like my Fiskars garden knife. $7 or so at Fleet Farm. (or probably Home Depot too) The only problem is they don't take massive amounts of abuse or they snap at the handle. They're still pretty sturdy though and they have a 2 year warranty.

Fiskars part # 7079

Attachments

• 7079_p.jpg
    7079_p.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 164

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back