56.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Picture 007 (2).jpg
    Picture 007 (2).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 254
Re: What's this Hat?

It looks like one of those little caps (skull cap) that male chinamen used to wear......or maybe it's some kind of baby hat? Cool, anyways!

vicki

Upvote 0
Re: What's this Hat?

It might be Chinese but it looks similar to hats I've seen worn by native Uzbeks or Turkmens, in central Asia, former Soviet Union.

Upvote 0
Just tidying up some blasts from the past (including some very ancient ones), largely for the benefit of anyone searching the site for information.

That’s a Tajik skull cap and likely not older than vintge. Tajiks are a Persian-speaking Iranian ethnic group native to Central Asia, living primarily in Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.

From “Tajik Hats” by Iraj Bashiri, adapted from “The Album of Tajik Costumes” by Gremyachinskaya, et al., 1969.

“Embroidered skull caps (tyubeteikas) have always been popular among the Tajiks. During the Soviet years, they became even more popular and were manufactured by numerous artels as well as by individual needleworkers. The tyubeteikas for brides and bridegrooms are especially beautiful. Many Tajiks continue to wear their traditional tyubeteikas with the rest of their western-style wardrobe.”

Modern skull cap worn by Tajiks of valley districts:
Tajik.jpg

Upvote 2
I recall a time long ago, I couldn't wait to get dress for school and head out in my Paisley shirt

Attachments

• s-l650.jpg
    s-l650.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back