Size ?
Front and back pics ?
Composite (looks iron) ?
Markings ?

Anything ?
=====================================================
Seriously,,,
I TOTALLY agree with AARC,,,
Just another "whatizzit" with no supporting context.
So,, with that said,, I HAVE NO IDEA

Upvote 0
A plowshare that somebody tried to beat into a sword ?? As good a guess as any in this situation.

Upvote 0
Without knowing the size, it reminds me of one of the teeth off an old tractor scarifier.

Upvote 0
Omg. Sorry. Was in a hurry. No marking without electrolysis. About 8 inches at the longest part. Prolly broken off something. This was found in a civil war camp at about the same depth.

I be good from now on..ill get more shots but prolly never figure it out.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it is going to be associated with a piece of farming equipment except no attachment holes is what's throwing me.(furrow,plow) It might be internal brace for a furrow blade it has a lot of the same shapes.Also the triangle piece looks like the tip from a plow blade.

Attachments

• hydraulic-paltiplaugh.jpg
    hydraulic-paltiplaugh.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think they are all parts to a very old sickle bar style mower.

Upvote 0
Just curious here, but what makes you think they're "probably" Civil War era? Did they come from a site with other CW relics?

I don't remember hearing about a lot of CW activities happening in the Houston area. If memory serves, Houston played more of a Supply role for the other southern states.

Upvote 0
Just curious here, but what makes you think they're "probably" Civil War era? Did they come from a site with other CW relics?

I don't remember hearing about a lot of CW activities happening in the Houston area. If memory serves, Houston played more of a Supply role for the other southern states.

Thanks guys. I didn't think it was too promising.
There was Civil war activity in the area. No battles. An area north of Houston was used as a muster station. There was a POW camp near here as well. Not to mention Indian war camp and Texas Revolution camp. they were all small but worth hunting for.
Yes we have found some civil war relics in the field this came out of and at about the same depth. We have dug one three ringer, three enfield bullets, a Tom greene mini. Toe tap, tent fastener, P.S.Justice lead seal. 41 cal (shorty) rim fire bullet, Wagon wheel washer (I think), Picket pins to name some favorites, And I think I threw away a musket nipple wrench cause I thought it was just an old farm wrench so I don't wanna do that again. So we are hunting the hell outta this place.. I have posted some of this stuff on here. As far as Houston having been a supply role. True but they still had troops protecting the railroad bridges and key routes. Don't forget Galveston was occuepied by union troops for a while as well.

Upvote 0
How can I forget? Texas born and bred here! Two-Thumbs-Up Smiley.png

Muster station north of Houston? That one I didn't know. Where at?

Upvote 0
How can I forget? Texas born and bred here! View attachment 1336306

Muster station north of Houston? That one I didn't know. Where at?

Well you know the words. I could tell you but..
Anyways we are not ready to announce the exact location yet. But there was activity in the hempstead area. I have dug enfields in the downtown Houston area (frost town) along with a few buttons and stuff back in the 90s as well. (Enron field construction) the troops were guarding RR bridges there. So there was activity. No battles except for Galveston and Sabine river.

Upvote 0
Well you know the words. I could tell you but..
Anyways we are not ready to announce the exact location yet. But there was activity in the hempstead area. I have dug enfields in the downtown Houston area (frost town) along with a few buttons and stuff back in the 90s as well. (Enron field construction) the troops were guarding RR bridges there. So there was activity. No battles except for Galveston and Sabine river.

...and the Battle of Palmito Ranch

Upvote 0
I'm going with Creskol. I dug something much like that a few years ago and it was identified as part of a sickle mower.

Most likely right.. Had to get another opinion..

Thanks Guys..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back