Whats it take to be a dealer?

You will need a business plan and lots of $$$ to start. Contact Whites about becoming a dealer but remember there are many that try to just sell over the Internet and fail because they don't have a store front with inventory. Also there are sales taxes for the state your located and other fees. You are told what prices you may sell and can not sell below that price. This is why the prices are about the same regardless of where you shop. Some mail order places toss in a bunch of freebies and charge for shipping while the guy selling out of his garage has free shipping.

Thanks. I dont have money to put into this, which is why i wanted to do it in the 1st place. To make some extra cash. I have people e-mailing me asking me about whites machines, and asking me if I can get them. I guess I will just point them to kellyco. This would have just been something to do on the side. I feel I would have been able to sell quite a few a week, which im sure is more then my local hobbytown.

I don't believe Whites will let you be an internet seller. There is only one on Ebay for instance selling NEW Whites detectors from a storefront, but look at the other brands and they're everywhere. The only one I know of is "Aardvark" detectors selling the Classic5 ID, because this a machine made for them( i.e. Kellyco). All other dealers can only sell from an actual building. Maybe some others will chime in as well to help clarify.

Greg

When I got my White's dealership a year and a half ago, it took 1800$ to get started. This buys you 5 or 6 machines, and all kinds of promo stuff and other accessories. It is a good investment! You CAN NOT sell new machines via the Internet. They track this with the warranty card you fill out. If you try to sell a machine and not fill it out, they will catch you when they audit your inventory. They track each machine they ship to you. They will revoke your dealership for selling via ebay etc. You can sell accessories and used machines only online. Used machine are very hard to come by and there isn't much $$ to be made selling accessories. The main reason for this is that you must pay shipping from the regional supplier to your door. This cuts out about half your markup. If you pay shipping to the customer, you end up not making anything and if they pay shipping, they can get it cheaper from Kellico.... Kellico is the only agency allowed to sell via the Internet for White's.. well besides White's themselves. Lots of precautions in place to assure that you do not break their rules! They even have 2 guys whose full time job is to montier, track down and eliminate net sales. Call White's and report the Ebay guy and they will most likely give you gift certificates.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back