OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's in your Purse?

It finally rained. I got out this afternoon and went to a local park that I have hunted 3 times before. I was even searching in the same area that I always search in and I got a signal for a penny at about 3" down. It sounded a little sporadic but I dug it anyway. Afterdigging down about 2 1/2" I reached my hand in the hole to remove the loose dirt and much to my surprise I pulled out a fist full of coins and they just kept coming. It appears someone had lost their purse. The purse for the most part was rotted away and anthing else that was in it was gone also but I came out with 8 quarters, 30 dimes, 30 nickles and 7 pennies. Along with my other finds today (about an hour and a half) I have 98 coins just from today. What a great day to be detecting.

Attachments

• purse.jpg
    purse.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 531
Upvote 0
Re: What's in your Purse?

Nice Cache! ?I used to live in Overland Park @ 84th and Carter. ?There are a couple parks within a few blocks of there I used to frequent, but I didn't find any old stuff. ?Probably cause I didn't have a very good detector then. ?
You should check them out sometime. ?

HH

USMC-DAV ?aka Brian

USMC-DAV,
I live in Olathe, KS and the park I found this at was at 87th and Lackman rd in Lenexa, KS.? I have only been there 4 times but every time I go I always bring home a couple dollars in change.? Kansas City area has a lot of great parks and I don't think very many people metal detect around here, I never see anyone else out hunting and I am always finding lots of coins.? So far this Month I have found 314 coins. Check out my webpage link on the left of this post, thats where I keep track of where I go and what I find.

Don't take too much from there...that's on my to-do list! ;)

Did you get a county park permit yet? SM Park is really close to where you were.

Yes, I am a card carrying authorized detectorists, cost me $5 but well worth it.

;D ;D ;D GREAT TO SEE A LOCAL! Well as close as I have seen! I'm in Wichita and have grand kids and a daughter living is Kansas City ,Ks. (Wyandotte Co.) Hey you did great today! I had a thought ... do you think a kid stole a purse and feeling guilty,hid it? I know when I was a kid ...well never mind lol ;) :D ;D
Maybe we'll run into each other some day! Nice meeting you! ;D

H.H
Gigi

I'll bet you clean up after the great Lenexa Barbeque's!! I used to work for Everest just down Lackman from there.

Good to meet you!!

HH USMC-DAV

Congrats on the little cache of coins! HH, Mike

Good job, and cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great Find........Hmmmmmm Maybe I should come down to the KC parks and hunt........seems like I'm not finding anything up here in Joe town but PT's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back