What's in a name?

3cylbill.....my 1967 Saab 96..the 3cyl two stroke engine....

:icon_thumleft:I REALLY like coffee and I’ve always been known to play in the dirt and Java Dirt sounded stupid.

If I had my Druthers, I would change my name to my real name.. Micheal.. But that said.. as most know.. Bartholomewroberts was also known as 'Black Bart'.. the most successful of all the pirates [perhaps not the most well known but the most successful].

I have lived much of my life around the ocean [now a very large lake].. Been diving for 61 years now.. And when I was in Uni, we always flew pirate flags in the group of divers I hung with.. The natural follow up would be to name myself after a pirate.

Micheal

Remember guys,gals.A man makes the name,the name doesn't make the man.
Absolutely correct! I'm from east central Mo. and not Mr. East Central Mo. [emoji1]

Last edited:
8C55317F-3A9B-47A8-9D5A-B41DA59951BF.jpeg

This photo says why I’m RustyGold. The sunset is the color of rusty gold.

Old thread, but lots of new members. Anybody?

My name comes from a nickname I got while metal detecting. I never seem to fail in finding 6,000,000 square nails, horseshoes, and bolts before lunch. I accumulate more Iron junk than anybody I know, so I got the name "Rusty".

Wrightdigger stalks me

I’m kinda scared by her actually

1. Wrightdigger is a her?

2. She's on Treasurenet. How much harm could she possibly do?

3. DO NOT answer that.

I made my screen name up thinking when the machine ticks I dig.

A2 coins. Ann Arbor (Mi) coins cause I love coin hunting

Well to be honest, I only have her word that she is female. Who knows?

Wasn’t a forum “participant” although I frequently ended up on tnet when researching, found my 1830s trade site and signed up to ask about my finds, at the time I was thinking the older these are the better.

It’s also just an overall truth for the things I find the older it is the better,
Most of what I find is 1920 and on, anything 1800’s is a big find, 1700’s is more or less unheard of, then I jump to stone artifacts, my archaic finds are more exciting than woodland, still looking for that paleo point.

It even spills into rocks, I’ve got lots of Pennsylvanian fossils and one of my favorite things I have is a piece of banded iron stone which is older than life on earth, those of you to the north probably find it all over but no such surface rocks in Kansas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back