What was your first Keeper coin

My first keeper or coin I really liked best at the beginning (1968) was a V nickel I dug at about 3 inches deep with my CoinMaster IV. I'll have to check the date again because I still have the coin packed away.

Before this I had found 100's of Wheat cents.

1919 Wheat.

Also was my first coin find ever.
Found in 1960's

1912d wheat. first silver was a 1942 merc

A heavily worn Barber half dollar, found with an early model White's 66-TR over 35 years ago.

Back in 1985 Got a Garrett adsII went out an did a couple parks, Got a small amount of change. 3rd time
out I got a 1942 Walking Liberty Half Dollar. I was hooooked from there....only found 2 other silver halves
since then 1 being this year....

I don't know. Would have to say a quarter. Nothing special, just a quarter. Everything I find, except the obvious trash, is a keeper to me. Heck, even some of the trash is cool enough to be a keeper. I want to find a good old fashioned pirates chest and put all my swag, I guess they would say, into it. Don't have anything much set asside for retirement so I figure I will just save everything. If I am lucky, by the time I have to hang it all up, I might have a real nice pile of loot.

;D

A 1948 Roosevelt dime found in my parents front yard. Found it with the old Jetco Mustang.

BK,

My dad had a Jetco Mustang back in 1980. There was not much to it.

Ed Donovan

the day i got my MD I went out in my yard and half a swing later i found a 1952 wheat. I was hooked. first swing found first coin and it was a wheat.

It was a mercury dime....I don't remember what year it was. Oh yea, it was last year...hehehehe. ;D

wmas1960 said:
I don't know. Would have to say a quarter. Nothing special, just a quarter. Everything I find, except the obvious trash, is a keeper to me. Heck, even some of the trash is cool enough to be a keeper. I want to find a good old fashioned pirates chest and put all my swag, I guess they would say, into it. Don't have anything much set asside for retirement so I figure I will just save everything. If I am lucky, by the time I have to hang it all up, I might have a real nice pile of loot.

;D
You sound like me with the keepers and the retirement! Mine was a merc dime no special date,1944,found a couple silver dimes that day along with a silver spoon.But I have every coin i've ever found along with the rest of the change from my pockets for the last 2 1/2 years.

A dateless, crusted Buffalo nickel, found about 2 weeks after I started detecting.
I thought it was a slug, gave it to my daughter to clean off, she said hey I think its a buffalo nickel .. I said yeah right, knowing what a joker she is, just like me.
Turned out she was right, indeed.
No date, but made me happy as a clam.

A 1935 Merc. Isn,t it odd that the Merc was a lot of peoples first keeper. I wonder why?

Ed Donovan

Mine was a 1723 spanish 2 reale. that is my fav. and I'll never part with it. I found it on a trip to Maine a year and a half ago. I really ought to go back again the lobster was so good there. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back