box2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 430
  • box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 430
  • box4.jpg
    box4.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 420
Hard telling....Could it be an small burner of sorts. Maybe for incense :icon_scratch: Sorry just a wild guess. jgas

Upvote 0
This possibly is the base to a cast iron mechanical bank. The mechanical part and figure are broken off.

Attachments

• img_9341.jpg
    img_9341.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0
72cheyenne said:
This possibly is the base to a cast iron mechanical bank. The mechanical part and figure are broken off.
I think its a good possibility. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
72cheyenne said:

I don't think it's a base for a bank for 2 reasons; it doesn't have a hole in the bottom to retrieve the money, plus it has 2 screws/nuts on the top, and the antique cast iron banks I've seen didn't have any other way to open/retrieve money except through the bottom hole. There were banks made without a hole, but they were made of chalkware and had to be broken. A toy cast iron stove is probably a closer guess, but the feet are not ornate and/or curved like those found on the toy stoves. Is the cut-out area on top machine done or does it look like something broke-off, and the cut is not intentional?

I'm thinking it might be a 'display base' for a globe, light, sundial,doorstop etc. Breezie

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
bigcypresshunter said:
72cheyenne said:

I don't think it's a base for a bank for 2 reasons; it doesn't have a hole in the bottom to retrieve the money, plus it has 2 screws/nuts on the top, and the antique cast iron banks I've seen didn't have any other way to open/retrieve money except through the bottom hole. There were banks made without a hole, but they were made of chalkware and had to be broken. A toy cast iron stove is probably a closer guess, but the feet are not ornate and/or curved like those found on the toy stoves. Is the cut-out area on top machine done or does it look like something broke-off, and the cut is not intentional?

I'm thinking it might be a 'display base' for a globe, light, sundial,doorstop etc. Breezie

It does appear that something was broken off the top.

Upvote 0
I was thinking woodstove piece. Maybe had a lid that went on it, to boil water or serve food.

If I found that, the first thing that would come to mind is "I bet it's full of coins"

Upvote 0
It is the base of a sad iron heater :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

Attachments

• sad iron heater 024.JPG
    sad iron heater 024.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 298
  • sad iron heater 028.JPG
    sad iron heater 028.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0

Attachments

• sad iron heater.jpg
    sad iron heater.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 237
  • sad iron heater 2.jpg
    sad iron heater 2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 231
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back