What stone is that?

Skurenak

Sep 14, 2024
IMG_20240914_122823_016@1551353604.jpg
Hi I am new to this forum but would like any advice on what the stone on the images is.

Attachments

Upvote 1
Is it magnetic? Will a magnet attract it, or is it a natural magnet itself?

Is it magnetic? Will a magnet attract it, or is it a natural magnet itself?
Hi, yeah I guess just posting pics and expecting an answer was not so smart from me. Sorry. To answer your question, it does not appear to be magnetic. Or at least, very weakly. There seems to be some minor attractive/repulsive force, when brought close together with a magnet, however, it will not hold a magnet

Hi, yeah I guess just posting pics and expecting an answer was not so smart from me.
In the future, it would be helpful to provide as much information as possible. It's not realistic to know everything about a sample, but attributes like Hardness, Streak, Magnetism, and a few others are fairly easily determined.

If you expect to do this a lot, building a hardness kit will help.

To answer your question, it does not appear to be magnetic. Or at least, very weakly. There seems to be some minor attractive/repulsive force, when brought close together with a magnet, however, it will not hold a magnet
The short answer is, "yes."

From the picture, and extremely limited info., my best guess is (primarily) magnetite.

1726400398752.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back