What kind of pottery jug is this?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN6073.JPGDSCN6074.JPGDSCN6075.JPGDSCN6076.JPGDSCN6077.JPGDSCN6079.JPGDSCN6080.JPGDSCN6081.JPGDSCN6082.JPGDSCN6072.JPG:icon_scratch::thumbsup:

I believe this is called a cruet. It could have held vinegar or oil and might have had a stopper in the top.

Upvote 0
Type of JUG!!!

The "JUG" Pictured is from an OHIO pottery co.The pic i added was taken from"ZANESVILLE STONEWARE COMPANY" Reference book,It state's that it come's in solid color or two tone...None the less this peice is from a pottery co. in Ohio such as McCoy,Brush,Nelson McCoy or ZANESVILLE STONEWARE CO.It is from the 20th.cen. unlike the link to ebay jug which is 19th.cen. I hope this help's! Value is around $8.00 to $20.00 depending...HAPPY HUNTING ALL!!!

Attachments

• DSCI7407.JPG
    DSCI7407.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
I thought the Zanesville pottery was marked, and the one shown by USA does not appear to be marked. These styles have been made by many companies and could be a lot newer than the Zanesville goods. Also note that the OP's jug is tri-color, not two tone.

Upvote 0
I thought the Zanesville pottery was marked, and the one shown by USA does not appear to be marked. These styles have been made by many companies and could be a lot newer than the Zanesville goods. Also note that the OP's jug is tri-color, not two tone.
Not ALL Zanesville STONEWARE is marked,Most ZANESWARE is though.Which is made by ZANE WARE..There is also ZANESVILLE ART POTTERY.That said an additional band is not uncommon,And it may NOT be as old as zanesville stoeware peice... alot of these"jugs" were sold to souvenir type shops that marked or not thier own name manily by hanging tag's...Once i find one of mine that is filled w/maple syrup i'll post it.HAPPY HUNTING gunsil!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back