drsancho

Jun 3, 2018
Susanville
Detector(s) used
garrett pro; garrett gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20180603_185254.jpg20180603_185336.jpg

Moderen handgun and ones that will get you a fine because it's my understanding you can not shoot lead bullets in CA.

Upvote 0
9mm FMJ on the right and a .38/.357 (perhaps) on the left.

Probably about the same age as that cent.

Upvote 0
Drsancho, if you really-really want to know the specific identification of the bullets you found, you'll need to very precisely measure their diameter, in hundredths-of-an-inch. (For example, .52-inch.) You'll need a Caliper for that kind of measuring. See the photo, below.

If you don't want to go to the effort of using a Caliper, you COULD just put a ruler up to the bullet's flat bottom, and make as close an estimate as possible. But please keep in mind, being off by even as little as 1/32nd-inch can change a bullet's ID. For example, there are .36-caliber, .38-caliber, and .40-caliber bullets. So, saying it's "about" a 3/8-inch in diameter (.375-inch) isn't accurate enough to correctly ID your bullets.

A US penny is very close to .75-inch in diameter. To my eyes, your bullets appear to be larger than half (.375") of a penny's diameter.

Attachments

• caliper_bullet-diameter-measuring_TN_fyrffytr1_P1074954 (2).jpg
    caliper_bullet-diameter-measuring_TN_fyrffytr1_P1074954 (2).jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
BTW.... You Can shoot lead bullets in Ca. Just can't hunt with lead.

Upvote 0
BTW.... You Can shoot lead bullets in Ca. Just can't hunt with lead.

I thought it was "you can hunt in California, you just can't use bullets."
"You have to use a butter knife instead."

Only the pro-2A folks will get a laugh out of that.
...and a deep sigh from any conservatives who still live there.

Upvote 0
drsancho, Please keep all political comments out of all forums except our politics forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back