What is this ?

boarman1

May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out today and found this. Does anyone know what it might have came from ? It is heavy for its size.

2012-06-02_17-24-52_420.jpg2012-06-02_17-25-01_844.jpg

I'm assuming it is laying on a paper towel so it is small... Is the "tail" rusted and broken off or made to a point?

Please put some common item in the photo so we can judge the size.

It also helps to know wherre it was found and other relics found near it.

Guesses will be very different between a beach find and a farm find.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
It looks like the "rusted in two" piece of a single tree...d2

Upvote 0
It looks like the "rusted in two" piece of a single tree...d2

Good eye! That was my first thought - single tree hook - but I didn't want to say until I knew the size.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Looks alot like this thing I found couple of weeks ago on the farm - perhaps it is from a chain hook from buckboard wagon? Measures 4" high and 2" wide.

Attachments

• iron thingy.jpg
    iron thingy.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
Sorry guys. IT is metal and the point is 2" long and its 4" wide and from the tip of the point to the back is 5". It does look like that piece for a wagon. It was found In North Georgia on a farm where the Battle of Glass mill was. The battle was suppose to have been through this property and there is suppose to be canon balls and lord only knows what else. The metal detector I had was not anygood so IM looking to get something better to use. The doctor said there was a professional come out a year or so ago and said there is a camp sight on the property and I found this close to where the camp site is at . Im going to go back once I get a better detector.

Upvote 0
Guys. You're on the wrong track on this one. It is a piece of a flaky, ground-eaten pewter spoon.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back