304.9 KB · Views: 119
  • donna know 005.JPG
    donna know 005.JPG
    272 KB · Views: 104
  • donna know 007.JPG
    donna know 007.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Pretty sure that attached too a seat or somewhere in the train or what have you. like marking a seat number or the number of the train coach..

Upvote 0
thanks hutsitedigger..i posted it on todays finds and guess nobody knew or cared since it not a coin or gold..
if it is it would be a nice piece of history as it came from a site that closed not long after the civil war.
the train station was one a mile away from a major camp here in ohio..
also there is a well and a privy..i'm thinking about seeing what might be in them..what do you think?
owg...

Upvote 0
Pretty neat find. Could it be a baggage tag? I like the seat number idea as well.

Upvote 0
Hello, there.
I did a bit of research and believe that tag may have been a marker on old depot rental lockers during WWI and depression era. That tag is a pretty cool find. It seems the area has been through some pretty rough times with weather devastation. Saw some horrific pics of the area annihilated by hurricane and twisters. You probably might be able to even find some old keys, padlocks, and other old stuff. Very interesting and historic area. (I love this kind of stuff) - Prosper in 2013 • JSpinner

Upvote 0
the second piece looks like its from military weapon. Maybe part of the clip or something. Around ww1 era i would think

Upvote 0
I love artifacts as well as old coins,keep on digging that site if you can,would love to see more.

Upvote 0
Re your Gowanda tag: Here is a clip from The Evening Courier & Republic (Erie county NY) April 1873 referencing "the Gowanda Line" as part of the Buffalo & Jamestown Railroad. The B&J RR became part of the New York & Lake Erie Railway.

gowanda line.JPG

I would guess your tag is from the 1930's or 40's. Not sure if it's a baggage tag or a seat number.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
nice call on the stripper clip guys i almost forgot to post it as i thought it might of been a car part.
thanks..
owg.

Upvote 0
Now we have to go dig out the old crapper!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back