what is this stone head?

Z

ztreasurez

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 696
Hey Ztreasure welcome to the forum. Looks more like a breast than a head. Where you finding this stuff? Very cool. cladius.

Upvote 0
Ya ZT. Why do you call it a head? Is there a face on it somewhere? What's it made of? Surely all those intricate designs aren't carved into stone. ~CO2

Upvote 0
Hi cladius
It is more opinion about it . but isn't convince me .
Some says it is a bomb or grenade. I think it must be head of umbrella for lofty person handling or may be it's a head of mallet. I send more photo of other side it.
It is relevance to Azerbaijan's deserts and I am going to sale it.

Hi Colorado
It is a black stone and covered by kind of plaster and trimmed by turquoise.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 635
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 638
Upvote 0
Beautiful Piece. I wish there were things like that around here to Find. ; HAPPY HUNTING ; jeff

Upvote 0
Looks like you are really into some accient history areas...are you digging..finding on the ground..using a MD and finding any other stuff??? Be carecul selling , might be illegal to sell in your area if there area antiquities laws.

Upvote 0
wow-i freaked out when i saw this. i saw an episode of antiques roadshow where they were showcasing stolen treasures. You will have to look on that website to get the particulars...but i think that 13 heads had been stolen from a castle or gov headquarters in India and they had only found a few of them...just take a look at their website...that would be awesome if this was one of the headpieces that they havent found yet....I'm going to try to find info on that site right now..i'll let you know what i find!

or let us know if you find something out first!

Upvote 0
Cool item! I found a small flat rock and with observation it looks as though there is a picture on it.A body bending over and possibly planting something and a person looking over this person ,also what looks like mountians.I am assumming maybe a decorational indian item possibly?I will take it to the rock show and see if I am am wrong!You can only see it with a magnifier in hand.But even just looking it has werid pattern.I will donate it to a meusium if it is and have spoken to the land owner of it.

Upvote 0
Kind of remind's me of a Top, Are you sure it's not carved from ivory instead of plaster? Cool Find.... Whatever it turn's out to be.

Upvote 0
I wonder if it's a finial to some decorative stonework for a Thai temple, or something.

Upvote 0
OK I'm gonna hold back on this one! First Cladius you need to take an ink blot test LOL just kiddin! Butt brla just cant seem to change his wrighting style LOL

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back